Faculty Job in Academic & University Instructor of Computer Information Technology 9/10 Month (Term)
Volunteer State Community College
This position is responsible for delivering quality instruction using integrative technologies.
Faculty are expected to provide academic advising to students and participate in college, department and community activities related to the
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 28-32 hours per academic year via on ground, online, hybrid or
web-enhanced modalities as assigned.
- Teach evening, weekend, off-campus, dual enrollment and distance-based courses as
- Develop curriculum, evaluate and review of credit and non-credit courses.
- Evaluate and monitor progress to
achieve goals and objectives (and those by any licensing, registering or certifying agency as applicable); assist with affiliation and
- Recruit and advise students and support persistence/progression through graduation.
- Maintain office
hours and availability to students.
- Complete required College trainings.
- Complete all required reports such as attendance,
Early Alerts, progress reports, grade submissions and administer and return surveys by the required deadlines.
- Attend college,
department, and faculty meetings.
- Serve on college and department committees.
- Attend professional development
- Participate in community service.
- Comply with all of the Colleges and TBRs policies and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
Masters degree plus 18 graduate hours in Computer
Information Technology/Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Science from an accredited institution.
- Collegiate level teaching experience.
- Cisco certifications.
- Comp TIA Certifications: Security+, Network+, A+.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Work
- Knowledge and/or experience using a variety of instructional delivery modes.
- Ability to
communicate effectively and work cooperatively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
- Proficient in Microsoft
Pay Rate: $41,200 – $48,925 annual salary depending on experience
Posting Date: 03/02/2017
Closing Date: 3/31/2017
Open until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process. Official
transcripts will be required upon hire.
Applicants may be subject to a background check.
Type of Appointment: Term Contract
Employment Category: Faculty
Location: Volunteer State Community College (Gallatin)
Posting Number: 005476
To apply, visit: https://jobs.tbr.edu/postings/19025
Volunteer State Community College does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a
protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities
sponsored by TBR.
Volunteer State Community College is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its programs and activities.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.