Faculty Job in Academic & University Instructor/Assistant Professor, Professional Sales – HigherEdJobs
William Paterson University invites applications for a full-time one-semester, with the possibility of being renewed for a second
semester, non-tenure track appointment at the rank of Instructor or Assistant Professor in The Cotsakos College of Business, Department of
Management, Marketing, and Professional Sales to teach professional sales and marketing courses beginning Spring 2021.
The College prides itself on being part of an energetic campus community with distinguished
business faculty where excellence is reflected in mission, diversity and student success. The Cotsakos College of Business, aims to increase
student success with an enhanced focus on technology, globalization, professional enrichment and stakeholder engagement.
College of Business a few outstanding business colleges to have achieved international accreditation from the Association to Advance
Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Guided by the University’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), the College continuously
strives to elevate the quality of its programs and develop new offerings to meet the needs of emerging professional fields of study. The
College offers specialized baccalaureate degrees in the functional business disciplines of Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning, Global
Business, Marketing, Management, and Professional Sales.
For more information about The Cotsakos College of Business, please visit https://www.wpunj.edu/ccob/
but are not limited to:
- Instruct four classes per semester, either in-person, hybrid, or online, as needed, at the
graduate and undergraduate level.
- Independently develop course content, objectives, and measures and methods of student
- Provide students with consistent and impactful support and guidance through role modeling, mentoring, and, as needed,
referral to on campus support programs
- Contribute to curriculum and program development, as warranted
- Participate in other
teaching duties as assigned, depending on departmental needs
- Serve on department committees as needed
- Participate in the
College’s Assurance of Learning program; maintain high standards of student accountability, administer assessments as assigned, etc.
- Collaborate with department and College faculty on research projects, publishing, conferences, etc., as needed
- Master’s Degree or MBA in sales or marketing Doctorate or ABD in Sales or
Marketing from an accredited college or university.
- For Master’s Degree or MBA – Fifteen (15) or more years management experience
in a sales or marketing organization; candidates at the Master’s Degree or MBA level will be appointed at the rank of Instructor
- Proven ability to teach sales and marketing courses at graduate and undergraduate levels
- Evidence of teaching excellence, and
an established record or promise of research and achievement in scholarly activity
- Candidates with professional backgrounds,
consulting experience, and skills to build industry and business relationships are strongly encouraged to apply
- Doctorate or ABD in sales or marketing; candidates at the Doctoral level will be
appointed at the rank of Assistant Professor
- Evidence of developing and maintaining an active and ongoing program of business
- Track record of validated sales and/or marketing experience
- Evidence of teaching excellence as
evidenced by peer and student evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to teach in-person, online, and in hybrid format in a way that
supports a culturally diverse student body
Personal attributes and traits:
- Committed to
helping others expand their talents, potential, and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to listen objectively, without bias, and
with respect for all
- Able to collaborate in a diverse environment with competing wants and needs and inspire others toward a common
- Capable of bringing a measure of innovation and creativity to address multi-level, complex issues.
commitment to excellence with a proven ability to prioritize work, set goals, and accomplish tasks within an agreed upon timeline.
Invitation to apply:
Please click here to apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Submit a cover letter & CV
Provide names/contacts of three professional references
Submission of all
documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the
position is filled. General questions related to this application process, please contact email@example.com
About William Paterson:
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public
university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated
by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA
MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal
arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 10,000 students from across the country and from over 40
nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff
and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.