Faculty Job in Academic & University Associate Professor, eMBA Program (non-tenure track)
Paul Quinn College and the Jakes Divinity School
This innovative Executive MBA is the result of a joint partnership between the Jakes Divinity School (www.JakesDivinity.org) and Paul Quinn College (www.PQC.edu). The College is seeking to hire a talented full-time faculty member who will assist in the implementation of the T.D. Jakes Executive MBA program. The mission of the eMBA program is to form the next generation of entrepreneurial Christian leaders to be agents of change in the global marketplace.
Under President Michael J. Sorrell’s leadership, Paul Quinn College (PQC) has become one of the most innovative and widely recognized small colleges in America. Founded in 1872, by a group of African Methodist Episcopal Church preachers, PQC is a private, four-year, faith-based, liberal arts-inspired Historically Black College. Located in southern Dallas, we proudly educate students of all races and socio-economic classes under the banner of our institutional ethos, WE over Me. Guided by our mission to create servant leaders and agents of change for the global marketplace, we are committed to providing a quality education that addresses the academic, professional, and social development of students. By focusing on academic rigor, experiential learning, and entrepreneurship PQC has become a model for urban higher education.
The Jakes Divinity School (JDS), founded in 2019 by CEO and Chancellor, Bishop T.D. Jakes, is also located in Dallas, TX. The Jakes Divinity School prepares leaders through academic rigor with experiential learning, spiritual formation, and creative innovation that are necessary for the future of ministry in the Church and society. The JDS curriculum emphasizes: effective preaching, vibrant worship, biblical thought, tacit knowledge and quality instruction. The school is committed to integrating faith, scholarship, and integrity in the practice of ministry.
Paul Quinn College seeks a highly credentialed and motivated individual for the position of Associate Professor, to assist in launching the new Executive MBA program offered by Paul Quinn College and the Jakes Divinity School. The full-time faculty (12 months), non-tenured, position will report to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, and will work closely with the Jakes Divinity School, the PQC Enrollment Management Team and other partners to successfully enroll the first cohort of master’s students fall 2021. The College also plans to bring a Graduate Program Coordinator on board who will also support the work of the Associate Professor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties of the graduate full-time faculty member include, but are not limited to the following:
- develop, teach and assess courses as part of a high-quality academic program that prepares students for entrepreneurial and professional success;
- teach a full-time load of courses (two courses per term, fall, spring and summer);
- teach hybrid courses, with a required online component and required monthly, weekend-long, face to face sessions;
- coordinate an advisory committee of internal and external constituents;
- attend and participate in faculty and College-wide events such as the Faculty Senate, Professional Development Sessions, Convocations, Commencement, etc.;
- complete on-going professional development for continuous improvement;
- provide leadership to cohorts of students including coordinating and participating in study abroad trips, mock business experiences and career coaching;
- secure grant funding and raise resources to support program;
- utilize a culturally sensitive and informed approach for understanding students from diverse educational backgrounds;
- other duties as assigned.
- higher education experience preferred, specifically teaching experience;
- past work or entrepreneurial experience in business, organizational management, start-ups, etc;
- earned doctoral degree in business, finance, accounting or similar field from an accredited institution;
- strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, and a collaborative approach to working with students, colleagues, donors and community members;
- appropriate technology skills using MS Office, CANVAS (or similar learning management system), social media, web-cams, scanners, etc.
- entrepreneurial and forward-thinking approach to planning and decision-making
- model a work ethic that promotes growth and advancement of mission values
- ability to assume additional managerial responsibilities as appropriate to the position
- ability to relate to and effectively communicate with the community, administrators, faculty, staff, students, donor bases and the Board of Trustees
- ability to legally work in the United States
The selected candidate will be offered a competitive compensation and benefits package that will take into full consideration years of directly related experience and academic credentials.
Interested candidates are asked to carefully review the duties and qualifications, and send an updated resume and customized cover letter to the provided email address. Please tailor your resume and cover letter to address the specific position. The College will contact candidates who have been selected for the interview process. Official transcripts will be required, and two professional and one personal reference will be requested for contact. Paul Quinn College conducts background checks and drug screenings of all new hires. Candidates not selected to move forward in the process will not be contacted.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Dr. Kizuwanda G. Grant, Vice President for Institutional Programs at Careers@pqc.edu.
It is the policy of Paul Quinn College not to discriminate against any individual in its educational programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, age, religion, or marital status.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.