Faculty Job in Academic & University Assistant Professor – Accounting (10 months)
REQUIRED: PLEASE READ
The following attachments are
required. Your application cannot be considered without these documents.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Unofficial Transcripts (if Degree Minimum Qualification)
Attach in the Resume/CV Section
of the Application.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivering high quality instruction in introductory and advanced accounting courses;
- Maintaining effective records of student
- Mentoring students in a co-curricular occupational student organization;
- Contributing to the recruitment and
retention of students;
- Serving the community;
- Serving effectively on college committees.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in Accounting from an accredited
- Ability to deliver high quality instruction in a range of accounting courses;
- Willingness to make students
active partners in the teaching/learning process;
- Strong focus on student success and the ability to work effectively with a
diverse student population;
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications as well as experience using computers in a
- Willingness to apply technology and innovative approaches to teaching.
- Must meet the appropriate
credentialing requirements for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- Preference shall be given to the following:
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, or Certified Internal Auditor;
- Two (2) years of teaching
experience at the baccalaureate level;
- Teaching experience with diverse adult populations;
- Recent industry experience
working with contemporary strategies;
- Experience in distance learning instruction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivering effective instruction in a wide range of accounting courses using contemporary
- Developing new courses to meet the changing needs of an increasingly more technological workplace;
- Maintaining and developing skills necessary to integrate and use technology effectively in the classroom and through various modes of
- Representing the department and college in public forums;
- Serving as the member of an effective team in
achieving the overall department and college goals;
- Aiding students in overcoming obstacles to successful completion of
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned;
- Flexibility to work some evenings and
weekends and at various campuses.
This position requires an ability to
sit and stand for extended periods of time and to present verbal lectures/demonstrations, walk, bend, lift, reach up, stoop, and carry items
occasionally in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds. It also requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines, such as, copier,
fax, calculator, telephone, and other equipment as necessary. IRSC expects its employees to follow proper safety standards while employed by
Compensation and Application Deadline
$64,810/year | This Position Will Close on June 29, 2017 At 11:59 PM.
Nancy L. Cunningham, SPHR
Assistant Dean of Human Resources
email@example.com (772-462-7275) Ft. Pierce Campus, Building F, #128
Equity Officer & Title IX Coordinator
Indian River State College
3209 Virginia Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL 34981-5596
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.