Open executive Job in Academic & University Vice President, Business Services – HigherEdJobs
|Hours||40 hours/week as assigned; Generally
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, however alternate hours maybe needed occasionally depending on operational needs.
|Salary||Salary Commensurate Upon Experience.|
Vice President, Finance & Administration
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background
checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates
considered for positions in ACC’s College Police department.
General Statement of Job
To direct and oversee the accounting and business activities of the College.
Description of Duties and
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides leadership and oversight of staff, coaches, directs, mentors, evaluates, and counsels personnel while adhering to
organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws. Recommends hire and termination personnel actions
for positions managed.
- Manages the business operations of the College including accounting; investments; procurement; accounts
payable; asset management; cash management; student accounts; and payroll.
- Develops, improves and implements financial systems and
- Oversees the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements, management reports, and federal income tax
- Oversees accounting and compliance reporting for the College’s debt obligations.
- Provides oversight and
management of all financial audits.
- Serves as one of the College’s investment officers.
- Ensures that the District is in
compliance with regulatory, legal, administrative, contractual, procedural and accounting standards applicable to the College’s financial
and business activities.
- Advises the College in business matters pertaining to long-range master planning, facilities planning, and
capital asset acquisition.
- Develops policies and procedures that relate to the areas of responsibility or general administration of
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or
without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Current accounting processes,
standards, and legal requirements.
- Automated financial systems.
- Forecasting, problem identification, and corrective action
- Reporting and financial analysis processes for multiple locations and cost centers
- Supervisory principles,
practices, and methods.
- Effective management and leadership models and techniques.
- Understanding of the community college
philosophy and mission.
- Handling the demands and requirements of senior-level management in higher education.
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and
demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Handling multiple
projects and meeting deadlines.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and
communications skills, including tact and diplomacy to interact with individuals.
- Effectively using organizational and planning
skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Coordinating activities in relation to monitoring budgets, controlling funds,
and implementing financial objectives.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Providing leadership at all levels of the College.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word-processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use automated
Required Work Experience
- Five years related work experience including managerial
Preferred Work Experience
- More than five years accounting and finance work
experience in a higher education environment, including senior-level management in higher education.
Education Other Preferred Qualifications
- Certified Public
Accountant (CPA) certification.
- Work is performed in a standard office or
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of
objects up to 10 pounds.
- Provide resources for safe operation of units. Create and support
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in
full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first
60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional
Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement
program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not
intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills
and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change,
amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as
requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Austin Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.