Open executive Job in Academic & University President – Conwell-Egan Catholic High School
School Administrator Opening
Catholic High School
611 Wistar Road
Fairless Hills, Pa 19030
Board of Directors and the Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office of Catholic Education seeks a dynamic, innovative, and results-driven leader
The President will assume the role at an important time in education reform in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Strategic management and operation of the Secondary Schools is provided by the Faith in the Future Foundation, which has planted the seeds
for innovation, opportunity, and leadership. The organization’s core purpose is “to equip saints for life in this world and the next.” Our
vision for a thriving Catholic School System focused on faith, academics and inspiring the future leaders of tomorrow drives our combined
The President is appointed in collaboration with the Conwell-Egan Board of Directors and the Secretary for Catholic
Education. The President reports to the Secretary for Catholic Education in matters pertaining to the administration of the school and The
Conwell-Egan Board of Directors per bylaws of Boards of Specified Jurisdiction in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilities
High School Presidents, as the executive school leader should
display leadership mastery in the following key dimensions:
- Catholic Education: Mission, Spirituality and Culture
- Vision and Leadership: Setting Direction and Accountability
- Building Relationships and Developing People
Development, Fiscal Stewardship and Advancement
- Operational Expertise
Overview of key responsibilities include
but are not limited to:
- Catholic Identity: Promotes the essential characteristics and fundamental values of a Catholic
- Enrollment Management: Collaborates with the Board and the school staff in marketing and development initiatives to
increase enrollment and retention.
- Institutional Advancement Drives and documents success in achieving established fundraising
goals. Leads donor solicitation at a high level, i.e. Capital Campaigns, Planned Giving, and Major Gifts.
- Financial: Maintains
oversight of financial operations of the school, working closely with the Chief Financial Officer of the Archdiocese.
Provides leadership for all areas of school life and works closely with the Principal, who is charged with and directly responsible for the
academic and co-curricular programs of the school.
- Planning: Collaborates with the Board of Specified Jurisdiction, the
school administration, and the faculty, to develop and implement a strategic plan that is consistent with the mission of the school and the
policies of the Office of Catholic Education.
- Resources: Utilizes all available resources to:
- provide scholarships and
tuition assistance to make the school affordable to all who desire a Catholic education
- support academic program innovation and
- improve and maintain facilities
- provide scholarships and
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced graduate degree in education or business administration
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with the
philanthropic, corporate and nonprofit sectors
- Visionary and managerial leadership experience, with demonstrated success
in addressing immediate needs and long term goals
- Experience in strategic planning, implementation and review
skills in financial management and oversight
- Strategic enrollment management skills
- Proven fundraising and/or revenue
The salary for the President is competitive and commensurate with
Those interested in the position should send their cover letter and resume to Charles Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified
applicants. PA required clearances and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin. Applicants must provide a letter
of recommendation from the pastor of the parish in which the applicant is registered.
Conwell- Egan Catholic High
Conwell-Egan Catholic High School, within the tradition of our
Catholic faith, collaborates to build character through service, achieve academic excellence, and demonstrate commitment to lifelong
- We believe that the Catholic faith permeates all aspects of our
- We believe that the collaboration of faculty, families, students and staff will foster spiritual, academic, and
- We believe that all students deserve a safe and nurturing environment
- We believe that we give students the
opportunity to expand their unique talents and abilities
- We believe that we challenge students to become lifelong learners who
manifest their Catholic education through faith-based service
- We believe that our graduates are responsible and productive citizens
who are prepared to participate in an ever-changing global society
Catholic High School is a comprehensive, co-educational diocesan secondary school of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia serving grades nine
through twelve. The school is located in the Levittown area of Bucks County PA. Conwell-Egan Catholic High School is in a beautiful and
quiet setting that allows our school community the opportunity to work in a safe environment conducive to higher learning. Conwell-Egan
Catholic High School serves a diverse mix of students with rigorous academic programs grounded in the teachings and formations of the
Conwell-Egan Catholic High School emphasizes college readiness, life-long learning and critical thinking skills
that are supported by the latest technology and implemented by a caring and dedicated staff.
The Pennsylvania Department of
Education, the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Archdiocese of Philadelphia accredit Conwell-Egan Catholic High
Official School Website: http://www.conwell-egan.org
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.