Open executive Job in Academic & University Executive Dean Estherville Campus – HigherEdJobs
Community College, this position has the primary responsibilities of supervising, managing and directing personnel and activities of that
% of TIME ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervise, manage
and direct assigned academic and support personnel and activities.
2. Work with faculty, program coordinators and the Registrar’s
Office to create course schedules each semester, which meet the needs of the students and programs on the Estherville campus.
Coordinate campus based activities with other institutional needs.
4. Prepare, monitor and adhere to budgetary limits.
Facilitate best practices with faculty in instructional models utilized in the classroom.
6. Represent the College in a positive
7. Serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet
(34-66%) 1. Develop planning procedures for the
Campus to ensure effective utilization of resources to best meet the needs of students and the community.
2. Promote and market the
services of the College in the community, as well as business and industry.
3. Evaluate assigned personnel and programs.
Assist in development of the campus educational programs as related to the mission, goals and objectives of the College.
5. Work with
the Executive Director of Facilities Management to ensure assigned facilities are maintained in a condition to enhance the image of the
College and improve the learning and working environment.
6. Assist with the coordination of the course schedule for the Iowa Lakes
Community College TV System, in order to meet the needs of Iowa Lakes Community College students and programs.
(10-33%) 1. Participate on assigned and voluntary committees of the Campus and the entire College.
2. Develop new programs and
services for the College and the community.
3. Recommend and participate in the hiring of faculty and staff at the Estherville Campus.
4. Participate in community activities, boards and clubs as a representative of Iowa Lakes Community College.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors, and the general public.
3. Be a creative, energetic, and
self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills.
4. Assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercise
independent judgment when making decisions.
5. Establish and maintain good working relationships with other administrators,
instructional staff, students, support staff and colleagues.
6. Possess strong leadership, communication and human relations skills
and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
7. The ability to deal effectively with students, parents, employees
in difficult situations.
8. The ability to act professionally and to maintain a professional presence.
9. The desire to become
an integral part of the community.
10. The ability to lead effectively while allowing individuality.
11. Read, understand and
express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written communications.
12. Entrepreneurial thinking for increasing enrollment and
improving the campus.
Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the
time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, and pulling occasionally (10-33%).
Walking, lifting and grasping frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, viewing various types of close visual work and repetitive motion
constantly (67-100%). Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job
duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work
requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon
successful passage of a criminal background check.
Master’s degree in education
or in a related area required. Doctorate Degree preferred. Three or more years of administrative experience at a college or university
required. Three years of full time teaching experience (or equivalent) preferred.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF
1. Instructional Programs
2. Campus Office
3. Success Center
4. Academic Committees
5. Iowa Community College Online Consortium
1. Program Assessment
3. Fine Arts
4. Campus Administrators
Paid medical leave,
vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and
disability insurance. Retirement package.
Commensurate with education and related experience.
The following items must be included in your application packet before it
will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form
(This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with
originals due upon hiring
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy.
open until filled; review of applications will begin July 10, 2017. Download application at www.iowalakes.edu/jobs
. Contact Amanda Schniebs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-362-0409 with
questions. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources Office, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age employment, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.