Open executive Job in Academic & University Associate Dean – HigherEdJobs
Job Number: R0006633
Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking an Associate Dean (Graduate
Nursing). The Associate Dean for the MSN Population Health and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) tracks will develop and manage the
APRN/Family Nurse Practitioner and Population Health MSN tracks. This Associate Dean will collaborate with members of the COCE Academics
team to develop curriculum, courses and learning experiences based upon professional nursing standards, guidelines, practice competencies
and in alignment with the SNHU mission and systems. The Associate Dean will develop and manage the online MSN Population Health and Advanced
Practice Registered Nurse Family Nurse Practitioner curriculum which includes program track and course outcomes, evaluation metrics for
assessments, and options for the completion of clinical practice experience hours. The Associate Dean for the MSN Population Health and
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse tracks will be qualified to design, manage, and teach in the subject areas related to the assigned
program development. The Associate Dean for MSN Population and Health and Advanced Practice tracks will integrate with the nursing team to
administer programs to students in the university. This role will report to the MSN Nursing Program Director.
responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Conduct the day-to-day operation of the Population Health and
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) track(s)
- Supervise the MSN clinical coordinator and all full-time and adjunct faculty
teaching in the Population Health and APRN program tracks
- Engage in student recruitment, admissions, and progressions
- Evaluate the program and student outcomes
- Curriculum oversight to ensure courses and content are current,
relevant and aligned with APRN competencies, industry standards and employment opportunities
- Monitor and reports on accreditation
- Develop, revise, and evaluate curriculum
- Support the accreditation process for the MSN program and APRN/FNP-
- Assist the MSN Program Director with budget development
- Establish partnerships to further the mission of the
- Attendance, punctuality, reliability and presence are essential functions of this role
- Other duties,
responsibilities or activities may be assigned at any time with or without notice
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
- Doctoral degree
- Masters’ degree in Nursing
national board certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 5 years’
experience as a certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- Experience in APRN program development, curriculum development and program
- Evidence of FNP online teaching, instructional technology, and student clinical supervision
- Knowledge of
regulatory and accreditation standards, including NONPF, Core FNP Guidelines, CCNE requirements, MSN and DNP Essentials
- Understanding of test blueprint knowledge for AANP and ANCC Board certification exams
- Attention to detail including skills in
development of program and course proposals aligned with practice, industry, certification and accreditation standards.
- Ability to
work and contribute virtually in a team environment
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
with the ability to work nights/weekends as the business needs dictate.
A background check is required for employment. Please
submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Ours is a
dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged-and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another’s potential, and we focus on creating a
positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we
understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share
common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning
community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore, we are committed to
cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered. We’re proud to have
been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception.
By joining our
team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives-beginning with yours.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.