Open Job in Academic & University Graduate Academic Specialist (School of Business)
Graduate Academic Specialist (School of Business)
Part-Time (12 month)
The Graduate Academic Specialist reports directly to the Graduate Director and:
Is responsible for advising all graduate students. In addition, the Graduate Academic Specialist is responsible for planning and implementing an open house for prospective students, orientation for new students and alumni networking efforts.
Responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the point of contact for/between prospective applied, admitted, and registered students
- Presents accurate and detailed information to prospective applied, admitted, and registered students about all aspects of enrollment in the graduate programs including admissions, registration, academic advising, financial aid, student accounts, academic program information/requirements, programs/services, and university policies and procedures.
- Advise students and provides students with a curriculum plans of study. On-going course planning advisement and support of students throughout their program – email, phone, in-person contact.
- Meeting with prospective seniors interested in taking graduate classes. Processing paperwork for seniors.
- Monitors all required paperwork and data entry for the graduate program in an accurate, confidential, and timely manner
- Collaborate with the Accounting Department for professional accountancy advisement and recruitment.
- Assists in creation of program course carousels
- Recommends and implements alumni relations events and maintains internal database, updated employment history etc.
- Monitors, tracks, and maintains graduate statistical data
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean and Graduate Director to support university and graduate processes.
Qualifications: The Graduate Academic Specialist is a professional staff member in the School of Business. Reporting to the Graduate Director. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high degree of organization, competence performing structured tasks, excellent communication skills, a value for higher education, and experience working with cross-organizational teams.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred). One year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
Experience: Experience in student services at a higher education intuition is highly preferred. Three years’ experience in customer service, customer tracking, forms processing, and reporting is preferred. Travel required.
Schedule: This is a part-time, 29 hours per week non-exempt position and work schedules are planned to best meet the needs of the program. In addition, this position will require some travel.
Salary Range: $15-$20 per hour
Please send letter of application, resume and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Bonaventure University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity educational institution. It is guided by the principle that equal opportunity means more than equal employment opportunity, and that access to facilities and services shall be available to all people regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression. This principle is applicable to every member of the St. Bonaventure community, both students and employed personnel at every level, and to all facilities and services.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with St. Bonaventure University requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University is committed to ensuring that all qualified candidates receive full consideration in the recruitment process and that our policies, procedures and practices remain consistent with this commitment. We do expect that faculty, staff, and students show appreciation for, and respect of, our Catholic, Franciscan mission..
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.