Open Job in Academic & University Director of Purchasing and Contracts
- Admin – Business and Financial Services
- Admin – Economic and Business Development
Open Until Filled
70,000 USD Per Year
The Director of Purchasing and Contracts has primary
responsibility for supervising the operations of the purchasing department, ensuring adherence to all federal and state regulations and
statutes; negotiating, evaluating and executing purchase orders and contracts, analysis of major bids, maintaining the approval queue system
for requisitions, overseeing the procurement card system and developing and ensuring adherence to university bidding process as well as
regulatory policies and procedures.
- Supervises purchasing employees.
- Negotiates and
executes purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support critical business needs and evaluate vendors and bids to ensure compliance
with regulatory and MWSU policies and procedures for the procurement of goods.
- Develops new programs and oversees implementation of
software updates, maintains purchasing system and assists in providing advice, instructions, and training in the use of the system. Manages
and oversees the set up and maintenance of the requisition approval queue system.
- Oversees Procurement Card Program, and initiates
online monthly ACH transfers for procurement card.
- Works with purchasing and campus individuals on budget and encumbrance problems.
Responsible for maintaining and developing written policies and procedures and training MWSU employees on those policies and
- Coordinates the initiation, publication, and opening of MWSU bids with the purchasing manager. Ensuring all bonding,
insurance and wage rate information is included. Handles all labor disputes that have been filed with the State of Missouri for construction
- Prepares and analyzes financial data for various MWSU projects.
- Responsible for ensuring all encumbrances have been
reviewed at year end. Responsible for working with Accounting Services to ensure auxiliary encumbrances, prepays and fixed assets are
accounted for properly at year end.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field and a minimum of five years’ progressively responsible
experience in a purchasing related field required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with spreadsheet and data processing as well as
supervision of subordinates; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential
duties of the job such as those listed above.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in
- Prior State or University experience in purchasing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
- Computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, online banking, and computerized accounting systems (Banner)
- Purchasing and payment procedures
- Basic accounting and recordkeeping systems
- State bidding requirements and
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to identify
processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, with awareness of
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with colleagues and the public
Missouri Western State University
MISSOURI WESTERN STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT AND EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.