Open Job in Academic & University Director of IT Support and Outreach
Winter Park, FL
- Admin – Information Technology – IT Support and Training
- Admin – Information Technology – IT Manager/Director
Open Until Filled
The Information Technology Department at Rollins College is seeking a service-oriented Director of IT Support and Outreach.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supervise and mentor members of the Help Desk and Inventory team and
provide a positive working environment.
- Assess, prioritize, and manage stakeholder support needs.
- Partner with all other
IT teams and other campus departments to coordinate service.
- Serve as a high-level software/hardware resource for the campus and
main escalation point for customer service related issues.
- Coordinate all user-facing communications including maintenance
notifications and proactive outreach.
- Take ownership of all external facing IT resources and communication channels including the
IT website, IT knowledgebase, and social media presence.
- Oversee student employee hiring, training, and evaluation
- Manage end-user focused computer lifecycle including vendor relationships, purchasing, and distribution.
- Supervise the maintenance, training, and usage of Help Desk ticketing software department-wide.
- Develop, track, and report all
support related KPI’s for the department.
- Coordinate and/or teach training classes for faculty, staff and students as
- Responsible for enabling and holding assigned staff accountable for upholding the Rollins Service Philosophy &
- Promote and represent IT to internal and external audiences in a positive and professional manner.
Information Technology provides computing, networking, and technical support services to the Rollins community. To learn more about
the IT Department, please click here.
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree preferred or relevant work experience.
- A minimum
of 5 years of experience in a Help Desk environment, with progressively greater responsibility is required. College Help Desk environment is
- Experience with software support and technical experience with communication systems and networks required.
- Extensive experience with mobile computing devices is strongly preferred.
- Ability to supervise and mentor professional staff
members to produce a strong team-oriented environment.
- Collaborative leadership style.
- Ability to work with peers within
and outside of Information Technology to solve campus problems and provide excellent customer service.
- Extensive knowledge of
widely used hardware, software, applications, peripherals, and emerging technologies in both the Mac and Windows environments that apply to
the educational environment is required.
- Knowledge of mobile computing and telephone environments, including VoIP.
to work effectively with frustrated and difficult users to solve problems.
- Ability to manage large-scale upgrades in hardware and
- Ability to manage a complex workload, set priorities and use good judgment in determining services and support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are highly preferred.
Total Compensation Package:
Rollins offers a competitive salary plus generous benefits package featuring:
Weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Paid Holidays plus College Closure Days
- Comprehensive Insurance Benefits – Medical, Dental,
- 100% Funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 100% Long and Short Term Disability
- Employer Retirement
- Award-Winning Wellness Program
- FREE On-Site Parking
- Discounted Meal Plan
- FREE access to
campus amenities (ex. gym, library)
- FREE Full Tuition Waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and
- Working in-person on campus, customer-facing environment.
- Typical work hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm weekdays, but this role requires flexibility, including some evening/weekend hours and
regular and emergency call-out as needed
To learn more about Rollins effort about the College’s response to
COVID-19, please click here.
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
Screening of applications will
begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.