Open Job in Academic & University DIrector of Assessment – HigherEdJobs
Admin – Assessment, Accreditation, and Compliance
Open Until Filled
Union Institute & University, a national university for adult students offering programs of study leading to Bachelor’s, Master’s and
Doctoral degrees, is seeking Director of Assessment based at its national headquarters in Cincinnati, OH.
The Director of
Assessment leads a university-wide effort to promote academic assessment and department appraisal with the ultimate goal of continuous
improvement and a comprehensive culture of assessment that reflects the university mission.
- Establish and maintain a university-wide system of student outcomes assessment that will inform and enhance academic
decision-making and promote continuous quality improvement;
- Conduct faculty/ staff workshops on understanding assessment,
developing assessment tools, analyzing data, reporting findings, and implementing improvement;
- Work with faculty and staff in the
undergraduate and graduate programs to develop program plans that assess program specific learning outcomes; develop curriculum maps,
rubrics, artifacts; and conduct regular assessment;
- Assist programs in the development, design, and implementation of course-level
and program-level assessment;
- Assist faculty with data analysis, interpretation, reports, and proposals for improvement;
- Chair monthly Assessment Coordination Team meetings;
- Support Curriculum Outcomes Assessment Team chair;
annual assessment of university learning outcomes (COAT & ACT);
- Collaborate with senior administrators to develop policy to
ensure continuous improvement based on assessment findings;
- Collaborate with information technology staff to conduct assessment and
- Vet and maintain third-party vendors for assessment artifact collection and data aggregation.
- Master’s degree required, doctorate preferred;
- Expertise in the theory and practice of
academic assessment in higher education;
- Demonstrated creativity and leadership in program assessment;
- Strong leadership
skills to facilitate a collaborative effort involving faculty, staff, and learners across all colleges and departments at all sites;
- Effective management to ensure continuous improvement among academic departments;
- Possess excellent skills in research and data
analysis, oral and written communication, data presentation, and organization;
- 5-10 years experience in higher education academic
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please submit a
cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the Human Resources Department at 513-487-1122.
Union Institute & University is a private, non-profit university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Union Institute & University
Union Institute & University is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.