Open Job in Academic & University Assistant to the Provost – HigherEdJobs
Admin – Executive Assistants
Open Until Filled
Posting Number: 20110327
The Provost is the senior academic officer who provides academic leadership and vision for Juniata College. The Provost oversees the curriculum and supervises faculty as well as a team of academic administrators. The Provost’s Assistant provides oversight and guidance for the day-to-day operations of the Office of the Provost, supervises a team of educational assistants and is a member of the Academic Affairs leadership team. The Assistant to the Provost coordinates the Provost’s schedule and interactions with internal and external constituents, and exercises discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information and materials. The Assistant also provides general administrative support for other academic administrators, including but not limited to the Offices of Institutional Effectiveness and Academic Initiatives and the Director of Environmental Health and Safety.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, implements, and manages office operations and procedures with discretion and diplomacy for the Office of the Provost.
- Exercises a high degree of independent judgment to manage the Provost’s complex calendar, and sets priorities to ensure effective use of the Provost’s time.
- Anticipates the needs of the Provost and pre-plans/prepares in advance of expressed need(s).
- Coordinates a variety of meetings which may include managing logistics, distributing meeting materials, taking meeting minutes, managing attendee lists, and coordinating room reservations and/or catering needs.
- Maintains webpages for Office of the Provost, updating and reimagining content, as needed.
- Monitors budgets and tracks spending for all of Academic Affairs.
- Synthesizes data and information to produce necessary reports.
- Responds on behalf of the Office to routine inquiries, drafts letters and memoranda, anticipates and distributes pertinent information to various constituencies, researches and compiles information for various office and college reports.
- Coordinates highly visible, campus-wide academic events, including Commencement and recognition ceremonies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates high quality professional communication, information and program management, and supervisory experience.
- Minimum of three to five years of executive administrative support experience; prior experience in support of a senior leader in a similar role preferred.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Proven ability to take initiative and make sound decisions with minimal direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Calm, courteous, and professional demeanor under pressure when working with a variety of situations and/or people. A demonstrated competency in working at the executive and Board level executives is a significant plus.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Facility and aptitude for working with databases, data entry, and reporting.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
This position is supervised by the Provost.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.