Free open Job in North, South & Central America Professor of Global Value Chains at Université Laval
Université Laval’s Graduate School of International Studies (ESEI) is a centre of excellence in multidisciplinary research and education on international issues. The ESEI’s mission is to contribute to the advancement of knowledge on global issues and to train top-level specialists who are capable of understanding, debating and acting on the international scene. As part of its ambitious strategic development, the ESEI plans to recruit several professors over the next 5 years.
The ESEI is seeking applications for a position of Professor of Global Value Chains. The successful candidate will serve as Co-Chair of the Chaire de recherche Couche-Tard sur les chaines de valeur globales. A research advisor will support the Co-Chairs in the development, planning and submission of grant applications, and will oversee the full deployment of the Chair’s outreach activities. A budget of CAN$250,000 (over 5 years) will be available for doctoral scholarships associated with the Chair. The candidate hired for this position will join the Graduate School of International Studies as a regular professor as of January 1, 2022, or no later than June 1, 2022.
- hold a Ph.D. in international studies or in a field of study relevant to the position;
- demonstrate a strong commitment to multi/interdisciplinarity, whether through training, a research program, teaching experience or collaborations;
- have an excellent research record with publications in peer-reviewed journals considered among the best in the field, or the potential to develop an excellent research record for early career applicants;
- have teaching experience at the university level, ideally confirmed by evaluations;
- have received research grants from granting agencies in their field or demonstrate the potential to obtain such grants in the near future;
- demonstrate the ability to teach a graduate-level methodology course;
- demonstrate proven involvement in international research networks (considered an asset);
- show a high interest in collaborative work;
- have the ability to teach in French within 3 years of taking up the position (Université Laval provides support for newly-recruited faculty to attain proficiency in French).
Application deadline: September 17, 2021
Starting date: January 1, 2022 (June 1, 2022 at the latest)
The application file must include:
- a cover letter demonstrating, among other things, a commitment to multi/interdisciplinarity and international issues;
- a resume;
- a document (2 pages maximum) describing a research program for the next 5 years that covers the theoretical, methodological and dissemination aspects of research;
- a sample of publications.
Candidates on the short list of successful applicants will be required to provide three letters of recommendation from respondents outside Université Laval. Letters are to be sent to the Graduate School of International Studies management.
More information can be found here.
Applications and letters of recommendations must be sent to:
Graduate School of International Studies