Free open Job in North, South & Central America Lecturer in Urban and Regional Planning at University of the West Indies
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must possess a Ph.D., which should be in Physical Planning, Spatial Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, City and Regional Planning, Town and Country Planning or a closely related field.
Candidates should also possess:
- A strong background in Urban and Regional Planning, Sustainable Settlement Planning, Housing Policy and Anthropogenic issues in Urban Planning
- At least three (3) years’ teaching experience at the university level in Urban and Regional Planning
- A strong ability to integrate theory and practice
- Evidence of research supervision of MSc Urban and Regional Planning Projects
- An established record of academic research output (peer-reviewed publications).
Candidates with strong exposure to Urban Planning practice would have an advantage.
The following would be considered assets:
- Administrative experience
- Course coordination and examination of courses and research projects.
- Developing, coordinating, and delivering courses in Urban and Regional Planning
- Teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Engaging in scholarly activities including research and publications
- Serving on Committees at the Department, Faculty and University levels
- Participating in the design and development of courses, teaching materials and/or programmes in Urban and Regional Planning
- Supervising undergraduate research projects as well as postgraduate student research work
- Programme administration
- Academic advising
- Establishing research programmes in Urban and Regional Planning that lead to publications in refereed journals
- Strengthening the Department’s outreach activities, in Urban and Regional Planning
- Attracting external research and development funding
The Department of Geomatics Engineering and Land Management places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates should also:
- Be able to expand the Department’s outreach and research profile in Urban and Regional Planning
- Be able to work with government and industrial partners on applied research and development projects
- Possess membership in a professional planning institute or association
- Be able to support other programmes in the Department
- Be able to work within a research team
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their signed references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University. Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.