Free open Job in North, South & Central America Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering (Applied Mechanics and Design) at University of the West Indies
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES ST. AUGUSTINE, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, WEST INDIES
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL AND MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
LECTURER IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (APPLIED MECHANICS AND DESIGN)
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must possess a PhD, which should be in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field.
Candidates should also possess:
- Evidence of either eligibility to apply or application for Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer status
- Ideally at least three (3) years teaching experience
- Experience teaching Applied Mechanics and Design courses
- At least two (2) publications in high-impact peer-reviewed journals
- Competence in Modelling and Analysis/Design of Mechanical or Thermomechanical Systems
- Ability to teach courses in Machine Design and Mechanics of Machines
- Competence in the use of computer aided design and finite element analysis software.
Candidates with the following would have an advantage:
- Industry experience
- Ability to teach Engineering Thermodynamics
- Ability to conduct research in one or more of the following topics:
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Harvesting
The ability to lead a R&D team would be considered an asset.
- Establishing a research programme in Mechanical Engineering
- Participating in collaborative research within the Department
- Supervising research students
- Teaching relevant courses
- Advising undergraduate students
- Strengthening the Department’s outreach activities.
The Department places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates should also:
- Be committed to developing the Department’s service and outreach in Mechanical Engineering
- Be able to organize research in a core Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Be committed to working with departmental research groups and students
- Be creative and innovative
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their signed references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University. Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 2021 September 12