Free open Job in North, South & Central America Faculty Development Specialist at University of the West Indies
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES ST. AUGUSTINE, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, WEST INDIES
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate should possess Postgraduate qualification at the doctorate level – EdD or PhD – in Education, Curriculum Design, Instructional/Educational Technology or a closely related field, from an accredited university.
Candidates should also possess expertise in the areas of curriculum design, faculty development and eLearning.
- Developing, planning and facilitating professional development workshops, including curriculum design, teaching and learning strategies, techniques and models of teaching and learning, assessment strategies and technology integration.
- Teaching in CETL’s teaching and learning programmes.
- Engaging in training and other activities that promote learner-centred instruction.
- Preparing teaching and learning materials for CETL workshops and adapting materials for CETL’s website.
- Liaising with Faculties/Departments in order to identify their training needs with respect to teaching and learning in a student-centred environment.
- Providing Faculty with current best practices in all facets of teaching, assessment and technology integration.
- Reviewing courses and curricula, and making recommendations consistent with goals and objectives of good practice in higher education.
- Facilitating the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL) at the St. Augustine campus.
The Centre places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also:
- Have excellent pedagogical skills
- Be able to carry out a research agenda
- Show evidence of effective administrative and organizational skills.
- Be able to participate in University life (administration, conference organization and committees) and community outreach
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their signed references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University. Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 20 September 2020