Free open Job in North, South & Central America Director International Recruitment and Transnational Programs at University of Alberta
University of Alberta
|Salary:||An annual salary range of Can$68,004 – Can$112,917|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||3rd April 2017|
|Closes:||1st May 2017|
University of Alberta (International)
Reporting to the Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President (International) and the Executive Director International Relations & Recruitment, the Director International Recruitment and Transnational Programs provides leadership to ensure that UAI develops and implements effective strategies and programs to generate best possible recruitment results to quality of students, diversified backgrounds of students, and best possible fit with University of Alberta’s academic profile.
The Director will work closely with faculties to develop international recruitment strategies and transnational programs that best serve academic purposes with the individual faculties whilst the focus of UAI recruitment efforts continue to be with undergraduate recruitment and the expansion of transnational programs such as articulation and joint education programs. UAI will ensure that the University is moving to an integrated approach of all international recruitment as relating to various types of undergraduate, graduate, graduate programs (research-based and course-based), ESL, including bridging programs and short-courses in non-degree programming.
Working closely with the Registrar’s Office and faculties, this position will ensure best possible collaboration in the interface with international recruitment applications and admission interfaces. The Director will inspire university-wide conversations on international admission standards and best practices of international articulation and joint programs. The Director will work very closely with the Registrar’s Office to lead UA’s contributions of scholarship and bursary programs for international students.
Building on UA’s strong leadership on international recruitment and the presence of international students on our campus, the Director will communicate UA’s expertise and experience within the international education community of Canada and beyond. Please note that national and international travel is required for this position.
- Post-secondary degree required; Masters preferred
- Experience with international student recruitment, marketing, and agent relations, and with building transnational programs
- Experience in public relations, promotion and recruitment, and communications
- Solid knowledge and experience working with stakeholders such as post-secondary education (both Canada and international), agents, high schools, etc.
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, project development and management skills
- Solid understanding and experience of post-secondary university credential transfer and evaluation (both Canada and international)
- Solid knowledge and experience of transnational education programs and pathway and foundation year programs
- Highly developed problem-solving, critical thinking and crisis communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to function effectively in a cross-cultural setting
- Public speaking skills
- Second language preferred
- Knowledge of the role agents play in international recruitment
- Knowledge of U of A’s education programs with a special focus on undergraduate programs
- Knowledge of general and specific admission requirements for the Alberta system and major international education systems are an asset
This position is for a term length of 3 years, with the possibility of renewal, and offers a comprehensive benefits package found at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca and an annual salary range of Can$68,004 – Can$112,917.
The PIE Talent is handling the recruitment for this role on behalf of the University of Alberta. To apply please proceed to The Pie Jobs site, or to arrange an informal chat about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
North, South & Central America