Free open Job in North, South & Central America Adjunct Professor/Lecturer – Twentieth Century Europe at Fordham University
Fordham University in London
Fordham University in London is seeking to appoint an adjunct professor for a level three course in Twentieth Century Europe (HIST 3620) – starting from 31 August 2021. Students will be studying the overarching themes particular to the European continent, including such aspects as societal upheaval, gender, demographic composition and politico-economic evolutionary pathways of specific European regions/countries.
Successful candidates must be experienced and effective teachers, able to cater for the diverse student body and engage students in the subject matter so that they are fully prepared for their journey through the bachelor degree.
Approximately 600 students study each year at Fordham London from Fordham University’s School of Arts & Science and the Gabelli School of Business.
- Teaching European History
- Preparation of teaching materials for the course
- Providing updated syllabus and course pack/reader details by the required deadline
- Providing academic advising either face-to-face or by email
- Arranging/accompanying students on co-curricular trips, and inviting guest speakers where appropriate
- Setting and administering examinations and others assessments – setting examination questions, invigilation and marketing when required
- Attendance at academic staff meetings (up to two per semester)
- Masters degree or equivalent professional experience in a related field
- Relevant teaching experience in higher education and proven teaching effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills and responsive to students and the administration
- PhD in a relevant field (or nearing completion)
- Previous experience of teaching within US higher education
- Research experience, publications and interests in the subject area
An individual who can develop effective working relationships with both academic and administrative staff. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the UK. If you are not a UK citizen, please address your right to work in the UK in your covering letter.
£3,900 plus 3% pension contribution
Applicants should submit a detailed CV and covering letter to the Interim Head/Director of Academic Affairs, Mark Simmons at email@example.com
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION