Free open Job in North, South & Central America Academic Coordinator at Fordham University
Fordham University in London (2 Eyre Street Hill, London, EC1R 5ET)
Fordham University in London (FUL) is part of Fordham University, the Jesuit University of New York, USA. FUL organizes academic programs for undergraduate students (approximately 300 each term) in business and liberal arts.
The Academic Coordinator will be part of the Academic Affairs team as well as playing a role in the wider team. Working as part of a small and dedicated team, the successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate a friendly disposition, the ability to relate to students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds, a willingness to engage with all aspects of the student experience and flexibility in order to manage a varied workload and work-week time. This role is student facing and will be involved across all aspects of academic affairs, including scheduling of classes and activities, academic advising, and managing classrooms.
- Provides comprehensive administrative support for the activities of the Academic Affairs office.
- Assists faculty and staff of the Gabelli Business School and the Liberal Arts programs with curricular activities (bookings, handouts, etc.).
- Assists with faculty meetings (notification, minutes, etc.).
- Assists in provision of information to incoming students regarding FUL (handbook, emails, and letters).
- Organize student photos and ID cards.
- Assists with FUL events including orientation and various excursions.
- Maintains class registers and monitors student attendance.
- Assists with communications through the use of social media, email newsletters, other media opportunities for FUL.
- Shares some reception duties with other staff.
- Will be expected to work at academic events or activities that take place in the evening or on weekends; may also be required to represent the office in a public forum.
Performs other duties as assigned, for example:
- Provide general administrative support to the Senior Director and the Director of Academic Affairs.
- If required, respond to emergency situations. FUL operates an emergency phone rota and in an emergency it may be required that a staff member responds to an incident which may take place outside of regular office hours.
FUL operates a competency based approach to recruitment and evaluation of staff to encourage greater diversity within the workplace. We are seeking to appoint someone with the following competencies:
- Good interpersonal awareness
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Customer orientation
- Persuasive communication
Please apply by letter providing evidence of competencies listed above and include your CV.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
SALARY: £27,000 and £30,000 for the right candidate plus contributory pension benefits
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday, 16 August (Interviews will be held on Monday, 23 August)
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
SEND LETTER AND CV BY EMAIL TO: Mark Simmons, Interim Head and Director of Academic Affairs (email@example.com)
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTIO