Job offer in london Senior Lecturer & Lecturer in Business at London School of Science and Technology (LSST)
London School of Science and Technology (LSST) is an independently managed higher education college which was founded in 2003. LSST is a proud partner of the University of West London and London Metropolitan University and supports local communities and encourages social cohesion in its London, Luton and Birmingham campuses. With over 2,500 students and 200 staff across the country, LSST has grown to become one of the leading institutions of its kind by widening participation to include those with a desire for education.
LSST prides itself on combining higher education with industry and works with leading brands such as CNN, Google, Siemens, Forbes and many others. Overall, the diversity of our learners reflects our ethos – to provide education to all students, regardless of their background.
Reporting to the Deputy CEO and Principal of LSST, the Senior Lecturer is responsible for the academic management and leadership of the program. Whilst ensuring the highest standards of teaching and learning, research, knowledge transfer and student experience.
The successful candidate should have academic credibility within the business discipline, combined with breadth of academic vision, strategic thinking and demonstrable experience leading and inspiring teams in a dynamic environment.
- To deliver high standards of teaching and learning and to monitor the assessment processes by the requirements of the awarding body.
- To strictly follow the awarding organisation standards and the policies and procedures of the College to achieve the expectations envisaged in the Quality Code for Higher Education in the UK.
- To provide learning resources to students and engage all the students in active learning through discussions, teamwork and classroom task based workshops to be embedded as an essential component of teaching strategy.
- To ensure that high standards of teaching and learning are assured to students continuously.
- To strive for enhancing student success and satisfaction rates and contribute to Institutional success through student achievements, increased levels of satisfaction by delivering value for money to every student in the class.
- To undertake course grading work and provide qualitative, comprehensive and developmental feedback on each course work graded, by strictly following the assessment criteria, guidelines and standards of the awarding organisation.
- To comply with student and course management procedures including a meticulous and updated record keeping for academic management and administrative purposes.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be requested by the management from time to time to meet academic and administrative exigencies.
Qualifications and Experience:
Masters in a relevant academic discipline
Managing academic programs in Higher Education
Over 4 years teaching experience in Higher Education
Interpersonal, communication and team working skills
A willingness to undertake further training and personal development as appropriate and to adopt new procedures as and when required
For initial queries or to apply for the role, please e-mail your covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org