Job offer in Ireland UTRCI Research Scientist, Internet of Things – United Technologies Research Centre Ireland
Job Description Summary:
United Technologies Research Center UTRC is the corporate research center of United Technologies Corporation UTC , a dynamic global Fortune top 50 corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection.
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. UTRCI , established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC’s commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC’s large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Learn more @ www.utrc.utc.com
UTRCI seeks candidates with expertise in “Internet of Things” and Wireless Sensor Network technologies to join their Networks & Embedded Systems group in Cork, Ireland. Successful candidates are expected to design, develop, and demonstrate practical IoT and WSN systems for smart building and aerospace applications. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate outstanding track records in:
- Performance-driven wireless sensor network planning & deployment
- Energy & security management in wireless sensor networks
- Distributed sensing and control over wireless networks, including network-level data fusion
- Architecture design and implementation of “Internet of things” systems, including experience with 3rd party platforms such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
Prior exposure to experimental deployments or commercialization of such technology is a key differentiator for this position.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to an established research agenda related to UTC’s aerospace and building & industrial systems technologies.
- Coordinate and execute R&D activities within international collaborative research projects.
- Provide competitive advantage for UTC business units as part of a multidisciplinary and international team of experts.
- Contribute towards technical strategy and business development.
A PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience, or a Master’s degree with 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience in several of the following areas:
- Analysis, modelling, and simulation of communication protocols, routing algorithms, and network security to drive decisions regarding system architecture and performance.
- Technical contributions, including patents and publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences, and successful proposals for external funding/contracts/grants.
- Innovative strategic and technical thinking applied to real-world problems.
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation.
- Able to partner with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
- Well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
- Able to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
- Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas.
What we offer
Employees at UTRC-I enjoy a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team-based working environment. At UTRC you will be able to actively collaborate with national and international universities, work with research teams from other UTRC research centers around the globe, bring your ideas to life through our innovation pipeline process and work in many diverse technical domains ranging from building automation to aerospace.
UTRCI will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
This position is based at UTRC’s European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can apply online at: http://www.utrc.utc.com/ by selecting the “Job Postings International ” option in the drop-down menu under “Careers”.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
% Travel Required: < 10%