Job offer in Ireland Engineer/Senior Engineer – Cyber Security at Queen’s University Belfast
Experience leading edge cyber security research and use your software development skills to complement the work of the UK’s most celebrated cyber security innovation lab.
The Centre for Secure Information Technologies (CSIT) is the UK national Innovation and Knowledge Centre for cyber security. With a remit to conduct world leading research into applied cryptography, network security and security analytics (Big Data). The Centre also has responsibility to commercialise the research and support the growth of the cyber security industry in the UK. CSIT employs a team of 15 experienced product developers in both software and hardware systems to further develop new ideas into well-engineered prototypes and technology demonstrators.
The CSIT engineering function sits between in-house research teams and the R&D labs of our industrial partners such as BAE Systems, Thales, Infosys, Allstate, Direct Line Group, Seagate, First Derivatives etc. Our function is to take new ideas coming from research groups and refine and enrich these into well-structured implementations in hardware or software that can be used directly by industrial partners.
This is an opportunity to learn, grow and refine your career with exposure to raw innovation in cyber security. QUB provides a strong commitment to professional development and opportunities for part time study and post-graduate research are available.
Our ideal candidate would be an experienced product developer with well-developed software engineering skills and a creative innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit that is able to identify and combine new technologies and ideas into practical solutions for a range of contemporary problems including:
- Malware detection and isolation;
- Fraud detection using advanced data analytics;
- Network intrusion detection in industrial control systems;
- Protection against quantum computer attacks;
- Cloud security and privacy protection in untrusted platforms;
- Hardware security and trust anchors in embedded systems;
- Behavioural and biometric authentication.
The successful candidate must have:
- A 2:1 Honours Degree, or equivalent, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline.
- Software development or R&D experience of one of the following topics:
– State-of-the-art data analysis, querying, and mining techniques
– Malware detection and analysis techniques
– Network traffic analysis and anomaly detection
– Cloud security, virtualisation and hypervisors
– Software Defined Network security
– Biometric or User Behavioural authentication techniques
– Public key infrastructure and key management protocols
- Well-developed software development skills in a high-level language such as C, C++, Java, Python, or R. A strong background in the use of code configuration management and continuous integration toolsets.
- Significant commercial software product development or R&D experience in one or more of the topics listed above.
Full criteria can be found online at www.qub.ac.uk/jobs
Informal enquires may be directed to Mr Gavin McWilliams, email: email@example.com
Anticipated interview date: Friday 26 January 2018
- Engineer: £27,683 – £35,189 per annum
- Senior Engineer: £33,936 – £51,138 per annum
Closing date: Tuesday 9 January 2018
Apply online at www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.