Job offer in Ireland Beef Systems Research Officer at The Agriculture and Food Development Authority
The Agriculture and Food Development Authority – Teagasc – Teagasc, Animal & Grassland, Research and Innovation Centre
to £56,181.30 converted salary*
|Placed on:||18th December 2017|
|Closes:||15th January 2018|
Location: Teagasc, Animal & Grassland, Research and Innovation Centre, Grange, Dunsany, Co. Meath.
Grade/Salary: Research Officer. The current salary scale for this post is €32,729 to €63,700.
Starting pay will be at the minimum of the scale per Government Circular E100/8/82. Exceptional circumstances may apply for candidates with current or recent previous service in the public sector (including Teagasc), subject to meeting the criteria as set out by Government.
Remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government Policy.
Post Type: Permanent Appointment
A panel may be formed from which future similar vacancies may be filled; such a panel will remain active for a maximum period of 12 months.
Basic Function: To develop, lead and implement a research programme in the area of grass-based systems of beef production with particular emphasis on:
- Profitable and sustainable grass-based systems of beef production
- Factors affecting animal performance at pasture
- Grass production and utilization
- Genetic factors influencing beef productivity
Note: The ‘Essential’ qualifications, skills and knowledge outlined below are ‘must-have’ which will be used in the shortlisting process.
Candidates must have a:
- QQI Honours Level 8 degree in Agriculture Science or a related discipline.
- PhD in a relevant discipline
Note: While a PhD is an essential requirement for this post, equivalent research experience may be deemed acceptable solely at the discretion of the Director of Teagasc.
- Post-doctoral experience on grass-based suckler beef research would be a distinct advantage.
- Working knowledge of the Irish beef industry and national and EU policy and legislation affecting the sector.
How to Apply
An Application Form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc website at www.teagasc.ie/careers.
Completed Application Forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Monday 15th January 2018.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence. Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Republic of Ireland
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed