Job offer in england PA to Director of Accommodation & Hospitality at University of Bath
University of Bath – Accommodation & Hospitality Services
to £24,565 (Grade 5)
|Placed on:||3rd March 2017|
|Closes:||16th March 2017|
Interview Date: Thursday 23 March 2017
We are recruiting for a PA to the Director of ahs.
The Director of ahs has responsibility for delivering the strategic direction, financial planning and overseeing the operational management of 4200 student bedrooms, all University catering operations, Security Services, the Business Development Unit which includes the Operational Management of the new Edge Arts/Management Building and the Virgil Building. We’re proud to have Investors in People Silver accreditation and ISO 9001 and 14001 which focus on the importance that the department places on its People, Quality & Environmental. Working in ahs is fast-paced and no two days are ever the same. Our motto is ‘every experience matters’ and this applies to our students, colleagues and other visitors.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to provide PA support to the Director. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the Director’s calendar and emails, flagging any items that require immediate action.
- Minute taking at Manager Meetings and other meetings as required.
- Filing and preparing papers for meetings.
- Being the first point of contact for all enquiries to the Director.
- Reviewing and organising the current electronic and paper filing systems in order to implement a fit for purpose and consistent filing structure.
You’ll have previous experience of working as a PA supporting senior level personnel. You’ll be fully conversant in Microsoft Office and have demonstrable experiencing of juggling conflicting priorities. You’ll have commercial awareness and be able to engage with the bigger picture. You’ll need to be extremely organised and logical in your approach, particularly when implementing new systems and processes. Strong written skills are essential as is the ability to verbally communicate with people at all levels.
We offer a generous package of pay, benefits and services including:
- A competitive rate of pay.
- A generous pension scheme.
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year, eight banks holidays and five extra discretionary days.
- We close over the Christmas break but you’re still paid for this time off.
- Regular awards for shining stars, from £20 Love2Shop vouchers up to annual awards of £750.
- A commitment to the wellbeing of our teams, with mindfulness sessions, fitness boot camps and free health checks.
- Great staff social events.
- Up to 20 hours a year personal development time for fitness classes, training, volunteering and charity work.
- Tax and national insurance savings through salary exchange schemes on nursery care, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work and fitness schemes.
The University of Bath is an equal opportunities employer and has an excellent international reputation with staff from over 60 different nations. To achieve our global aspirations, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
South West England