Job offer in england Materials Development Scientist (KTP Associate) at Manchester Metropolitan University
Based at: Eurocell PLC, Alfreton
An exciting opportunity has become available to work full time on a 2-year Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) to create innovations in recyclable materials and advanced process engineering for the development of new building products. These products will support the construction industry in helping the Government solve the housing crisis.
Eurocell PLC is a UK-based manufacturer, distributor and recycler of PVC-U building products. They produce fenestration and roofing profiles for the housebuilding and refurbishment sectors. The Group includes a manufacturing arm headquartered in Alfreton (Eurocell Profiles) and a sales and distribution arm (Eurocell Building Plastics), with 195 branches selling over 10,000 in-house manufactured and bought-in products to the trade and general public.
Qualification we require:
Postgraduate qualification in a materials science, chemistry, engineering, or related discipline.
The following skill attributes and experience are required:
- Experience of research in the materials science / materials engineering areas (essential), with a preferred emphasis on polymer science (desirable); and
- Prior experience of working with/in industry.
Due to travel expected, a driving license is an essential requirement of this role.
Personal attributes required includes:
- Rigorous approach to problem solving (essential);
- Ability to concisely articulate complex data and make informed decisions based on the data (essential);
- Knowledge of experimental design (desirable);
- Good communications skills, as evidenced by giving clear verbal and written instructions and/or guidance, report writing and presentations; and
- Good interpersonal skills to enable rapid integration into the research team.
Interviews are expected to take place as follows although this is subject to change:
- 1st stage – 13th/14th September
- 2nd stage – 25th September
- £2,000 per year to spend on personal training;
- Attendance at two residential managerial workshops (each of one week’s duration);
- Opportunity to register on a higher degree (at a reduced or no cost);
- Opportunity of a permanent position with the company; 70% of host companies make a permanent job offer to their Associate at the end of the project.
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr Kirstie Andrews (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Michele Edge (email@example.com).