Free open Job in Australasia Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor in Small Animal Medicine at The University of Sydney
Reference no. 1344/0718C
- Full-time, Continuing Employment, Located at Camperdown Campus
- Base Salary: $124K-$165K p.a. plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
This role encompasses teaching and research (50%) and clinical service (50%). Teaching activities include curriculum development, delivery and assessment including practical skills training of DVM students on placement at the UVTHS. A supervisory role in training of residents in accredited training programs with the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists, European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine or American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine is also expected. Development of a program of clinical research will be supported by academics in the SAM unit and SSVS.
Pivotal to the role is provision of specialist level services in small animal internal medicine and registration with the Australian Veterinary Boards Council as a specialist in small animal medicine will be required. Experience in the diagnosis and management of canine and feline cardiovascular diseases is essential to support provision of clinical services by the cardiology unit.
We are looking for a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Small Animal Medicine who possesses:
- Fellow of the ANZCVS, Diplomate ECVIM, or Diplomate ACVIM permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Practitioners Board as a Small Animal Veterinary Specialist
- High level of maturity and professionalism and excellent clinical skills in small animal medicine.
- Preparedness to diagnose and manage patients with cardiovascular disease and support the activities of the cardiology unit
- Experience in postgraduate and undergraduate teaching and providing clinical instruction.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team whilst providing leadership in clinical areas.
- Willingness to supervise residents training for postgraduate specialist qualifications in small animal medicine
- Willingness to contribute to after-hours services where necessary including an on-call roster.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective administrative skills, time management and problem solving abilities.
- Experience in a large referral centre or teaching hospital and with a large case load.
- Preparedness to actively contribute to the management principles including financial responsibility of the small animal medicine service within UVTHS.
- Preparedness to assist in development and implementation of SSVS, UVTHS and UVTHC Strategic Plans.
Please refer to the Candidate Information Pack for a detailed Position Description. To be considered, it is essential that you upload a resume and address the online selection criteria.
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS) is an internationally renowned provider of education and research. A key contributor to world best practice in the care and welfare of animals for more than 100 years, our ongoing success is a result of the contribution of our innovative team of academic and professional staff members.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1344/0718C to apply.
Closing date: 26 August 2018 (11.30pm Sydney Time)
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.