Faculty Job in Academic & University Full-Time Faculty – Communication Studies (SPCH)
Requisition Number: 2017063F
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description Summary:
Perform full-time operations of the instructional program.
Essential Duties :
1. Teach communication studies (SPCH) classes as assigned by the
Dean, Assistant Dean or Department Head.
2. Provides instruction for courses at a variety of times and locations.
Demonstrates a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
4. Maintains regular office hours
and access to students through posted office hours and electronic communication.
5. Prepares and utilizes a course syllabus and
assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
6. Maintains current knowledge of effective teaching
methodologies, delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
7. Advises students in academic matters.
8. Evaluates students’ performance through a variety of means to measure progress and keep them informed in a timely manner.
Assists in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
recommendations to the Academic Dean, Assistant Dean, Department Heads, and Curriculum Resource Team regarding curriculum.
Demonstrates a positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community.
Submits timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions/departments.
13. Exhibits a commitment to lifelong learning
through participation in professional development activities.
14. Possesses a passion for teaching community college students.
15. Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and orally.
16. Attends college orientation and required
17. Serves on division and/or college committees.
18. Responsible for other related duties as
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Master’s degree in Speech, Communications, or
Communication Studies with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in communication coursework unrelated to the study of mass communications
(radio/television productions, journalism, media criticism, broadcasting, public relations, films studies, media writing, etc.).
Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in communications unrelated to mass communications.
Must be able to pass
required background checks for Blinn and background checks and/or finger printing for any external facilities, per their requirements.
1. Knowledge of, or interest in on-line instructional design.
level teaching experience desirable.
3. Credentialing to teach COMM courses (Mass Communication)
4. On-line teaching experience.
Salary Range: per full time faculty salary schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer: race, gender, disability, and veteran status.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.