Faculty Job in Academic & University Dean – College of Media & Mass Communication
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Executive – Deans – Communications
- Faculty – Communications – Media and Communication Studies
Open Until Filled
The American University in the Emirates invites applicants for full-time faculty (Full Professor or Associate Professor) to serve in the
following vacant position:
Dean – College of Media and Mass Communication
The Deans shall report to the Vice President
for Academic Affairs on general administrative and coordination functions, related to the various instructional programs and related
services offered by AUE.
- As the principal administrative officer for Colleges, the Deans shall maintain administrative
supervision of the Faculties, study programs, and institutional analysis pertaining to the content and the delivery of the programs.
- The Deans shall initiate, plan, organize, and direct such actions necessary and appropriate to assure that the needs and standards of
academic programs are established and implemented by appropriate departments and administrators.
- The Deans shall consult and advise
the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Academic Council with respect to the recommendations of various academic units with respect
to all strategic and operational matters.
- The Deans shall serve in the development, implementation, and administration of the
approved academic policies and procedures.
- Providing educational leadership for academic faculties and services;
directly with the Vice President for Academic Affairs and other concerned departments, and Officers on assessing, developing and maintaining
quality teaching, learning, and support service programs, and on the academic and financial feasibility of the continuation of academic
programs, including compliance with the criteria of accreditation;
- Advising and recommending to the Vice President for Academic
Affairs the appointment of personnel to teaching and research positions.
- Acting as liaison with Academic Council, College faculty
Members, Committees for academic affairs; and serving on AUE Committees as appropriate.
- Overseeing, reviewing, orienting, and
supervising performance evaluations of the academic programs. Along with, the services provided and the required evaluations on the semester
- Implementing the related approved policies, regulations, roles and procedures, including criteria for admission to the
programs, program operations, field experiences, and program development.
- Reviewing, evaluating, and administrating the delivery of
students’ advisory services, field operations, internship along with the selective admission and retention of students.
- Provide a program effectiveness report to the Institutional Effectiveness Office each semester.
- Other duties as assigned by the
Provost/ Vice President for Academic Affairs including, but not limited to, institutional advancement/effectiveness/budgeting, Student
Affairs, and activities, fundraising, special project, and public relations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Earned Ph.D. Degree from an Internationally Accredited University in Media and Mass Communication
- Qualifications for appointment as a minimum a tenured Associate Professor Rank in an academic department at the college from an
Internationally Accredited University
- Strong academic Track record in research and teaching at the concern college level
- 3+ years key position experience in Dean and Office
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated increasing responsibility in strategic
planning, fiscal management, resource allocation, and faculty supervision
- Inclusive and collegial management style able to
establish relationships across a wide spectrum of stakeholders including colleagues, students, and external bodies
Talent Acquisition Officer
American University in the Emirates
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.