Faculty Job in Academic & University Clinical Instructor in Small Animal Medicine
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Clinical Instructor in Small Animal Medicine
Location: Clinical Sciences/College
of Veterinary Medicine
Status: Full Time (Non-Tenure Track)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming an “Outcomes-Oriented University,”
the ideal Clinical Instructor will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable
academic organization committed to excellence.
Tuskegee University’s 2015-2020 Strategic Plan
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to assist with managing the Internal Medicine clinical service and
provision of client services;
- participate in didactic and clinical/laboratory instruction of veterinary students and graduate
veterinarians; and provide direct and indirect clinical supervision of students and technical staff assigned to the service.
- Participate in daily clinical activities and after-hours emergency/on-call duty.
- Participate in the evaluation of veterinary
students and technical staff.
- Participate in organizing activities to enhance the Internal Medicine section.
in outreach programs and community service.
- Assist with developing new programs and initiatives that enhance clinical instruction
and the Internal Medicine section.
- Expected to engage in clinical research and other educational activities for scholarly
development and continuing education.
- Expected to participate in meetings, seminars, journal club and Internal Medicine rounds
- DVM or an equivalent degree
- Completion of residency training program in Small Animal
Internal Medicine from an ACVIM or ECVIM approved program is preferred, however, candidates who are actively pursuing ABVP Canine and Feline
Practice certification will be considered.
- Demonstrated aptitude, ability and enthusiasm for classroom and clinical teaching are
- Possess good interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment.
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job
announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill
typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees,
must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, three (3) letters of reference (with detailed contact
information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum
qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not
to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com Fax:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and
employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.