Faculty Job in Academic & University Associate Professor Human Resources – HigherEdJobs
Location: Duhok, Kurdistan Region
AUK invites applications for the position of Faculty
member to teach Business Management (HR specialization) in the College of Business. AUK is a newly established private, not-for-profit
institution committed to advancing academic excellence, expanding liberal, professional, and scientific knowledge and preparing the next
generation of leaders for the community. AUK envisions becoming the leading university in the autonomous Kurdistan Region of Iraq and beyond
through implementing pedagogical approaches that impact critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork and the lifelong learning skills
required for success in contemporary society and workplaces.
This position reports directly to the Dean of the College of
AUK invites applications for this tenure-track faculty position starting the beginning of January 2018.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a PhD in a relevant subject, together with appropriate professional
qualifications and membership.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years’ experience as an academic, practitioner and/or consultant linked to the human
- Applications are welcome from candidates with technical, non-technical and/or management/commercial
- An international perspective and a familiarity with relevant policy and regulatory frameworks would also be
- Evidence of academic research, professional practice and/or relevant consultancy.
- Strong communication
skills required to transfer the knowledge to the student body
We are seeking
to appoint a motivated and suitably qualified academic/practitioner with expertise in the field of Human Resources. The successful applicant
will join a vibrant team and help shape the development of our educational and professional course provision in this exciting area. The
following are the main responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering in a student receptive manner the knowledge, skills, and
experiences each student needs to successfully achieve course learning outcomes as outlined in the course syllabus.
educator committed to student learning, retention, persistence and completion.
- Create, post, and articulate course learning
outcomes or objectives in order to ensure student understanding of course learning objectives and expectations.
- Create course
curriculum, course syllabus, course handouts, lectures, labs, presentations, and other course materials required to deliver course
information in an understandable and interesting manner to ensure students are engaged with the course material in order to achieve the
course learning outcomes.
- Create course rubrics in order to assess each student’s performance related to the course’s learning
objective and to identify areas for student improvement.
- Assist students to master course material by being available through
“office hours” and at other times to answer questions and assist students to better understand the material in one-on-one or small group
- Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with regulations and submit grades and records by
- Serve on university committees to enhance department and university policies and processes which enhance
student academic and career success.
- Attend all required university events such as commencement, faculty meetings, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the community, professionals, foundations and companies that support institutional
- Collaborate with the faculty on a number of interdisciplinary research projects, secure research funding and teach
undergraduate (and later graduate) courses.
- Perform other appropriate and reasonable required duties as assigned by the
The Recruitment Committee at AUK will review applications on a
rolling basis and will shortlist qualified candidates. Candidates will be interviewed and the final selection will be made. To assure full
consideration, applications should include:
- A cover letter
- A Resume
- A statement regarding leadership
- Three reference letters
References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant.
Applications and nominations should be sent electronically with the subject “Associate Professor of Human Resources” to Human Resources ( HR@auk.edu.krd).
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.