Faculty Job in Academic & University Assistant Professor/English Studies – Journalism
Faculty – Communications – Journalism
For a full job description and to apply, please visit our jobsite at http://jobs.fitchburgstate.edu
General Statement of Duties: Full-time, tenure-track assistant professor in Journalism teaching journalism, online college newspaper,
writing in online media and other professional writing courses within the candidate’s area of expertise. Desirable sub-specialties include:
writing for digital and social media, social justice journalism, community journalism, and journalistic ethics
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching work load (24 semester hours of credit of instruction per school year), and
preparation for classroom instruction.
- Instructional responsibilities include required and elective course in English and
Journalism, and freshman writing courses.
- Desirable subfield: writing for digital and social media, social justice journalism,
community journalism, and journalistic ethics
- Teach journalism, online college newspaper, writing in online media and other
professional writing courses within the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Provide student assistance, including but not limited to
- Participate in curriculum review and development, program reviews, and student outcomes assessment.
- Attend university functions, including commencement; convocation; and faculty, committee, and departmental meetings.
- Participate in scheduled orientation and registration programs.
- Engage in continuing scholarship and professional activities,
which may include contribution to the content of the discipline, participation in or contribution to professional organizations and
societies, public service, and contributions to the professional growth and development of the university community.
to teach summer, winter term, online and undergraduate and graduate evening courses.
- Position requires a disciplinary expertise in the area of journalism at the MA or MFA level at minimum with a Ph.D. preferred; evidence
of teaching preferred.
- Professional experience with online and print journalism, a record of publication and demonstrated skill in
digital and emerging media.
- Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching.
- Commitment to excellence
in teaching, demonstrated teaching experience appropriate to the level of appointment, and evidence of scholarly/creative activity.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a check conducted by the Criminal
History Systems Board (CORI) as well as a completed background check satisfactory to the university.
- Ability to perform all duties
with or without reasonable accommodations.
Human Resources Department
Fitchburg State University
It is the policy and commitment of Fitchburg State University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, marital status, or national origin. Additionally, the University is committed to providing a working and learning environment for our students, employees, and other members of the University community, which values the diverse backgrounds of all people.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.