Faculty Job in Academic & University Assistant /Associate Professor of Business
Reports to Supervisor: Chair of Business and Communication
Cross College’s Mission: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and
the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical,
experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Our hiring practices reflect this missional commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Schedule: This is a full-time faculty position to begin July 2018.
Purpose: The Assistant/Associate Professor of
Business is a full-time, tenure-track position in the Business Department. Duties include teaching a twelve-hour load per semester at all
levels of the undergraduate program in Business. As with all Holy Cross College personnel, faculty members share the responsibility for
supporting the goal of enhancing the Catholic, Holy Cross learning experience for all students. The successful candidate will also be a
member of the College community and expect to serve on various committees and support school organizations.
- All administrators, faculty, and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like
students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
- Teach a range of
business courses and integrate Catholic tradition into course material and pedagogy.
- Assume leadership roles as needed as they
emerge in the Business program and in other related programs of the College.
- Contribute to the ongoing curricular revision,
development, and expansion of the Business pro-gram, including assessment and accreditation, within the Catholic intellectual
- Function as an academic advisor as assigned.
- Participate in the life of the College through committees and
other faculty and staff venues.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and expectations as outlined in the Faculty Handbook (available
- Ensure that all teaching and advising practices are consistent with the Catholic, Holy Cross mission of the College.
- Be a presence at important College events, such as Welcome Weekend, Matriculation Ceremony and Opening Mass, faculty in-service days,
faculty dinners, Honors Convocation, Baccalaureate Mass, and Commencement.
Minimum Education, Skills, and
- First consideration will be given to candidates with doctoral degree in business, economics, or related
- Previous college teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population.
- Positive work experience in a Catholic college environment preferred.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a connection to
the Holy Cross College mission to educate the whole person.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being per-formed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified. Holy Cross College is an equal opportunity
employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications and are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex,
disability, or any other legally protected status. Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter and three references (names and
contact information) via email to Human Resources email@example.com. Position
open until filled
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.