Faculty Job in Academic & University Adjunct Medical Instructor – HigherEdJobs
truly committed to making a difference. The Sullivan University System offers post-secondary educational opportunities in a variety of
disciplines through its many campuses to prepare students for employment in high-need career fields. At The Sullivan University System,
you’ll find a host of career opportunities, an environment that values creativity, a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding,
and an organization that values people.
We offer a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, comprehensive training,
tuition reimbursement and a professional work environment. The Sullivan University System has been named one of the Best Places to Work in
Kentucky for three years in a row, because we truly believe you don’t need to choose between making a living and making a difference.
Spencerian Louisville is now hiring for an Adjunct Medical Instructor. Every faculty member has responsibilities to students as an
instructor and mentor, to the school administration as an employee in an organization, and to their department as a team member willing to
respect others and to support team goals.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Prepares fully
for and teaches classes as assigned, making good use of class time and keeping all classes for the scheduled period.
appropriate grading policies and methods of student assessment to monitor and communicate academic progress.
- Provides full
information to students regarding course syllabi, objectives, texts, and materials required for the courses taught.
accurate records of student attendance and academic progress.
- Recognizes individual differences in the classroom, and adapts
instructional techniques accordingly.
- Communicates early with the student and the student’s advisor or Dean regarding possible
- Assists students with academic difficulties including being available for consultation outside of class.
- Encourages and motivates students in a positive manner to do their best.
- Refers students to appropriate staff, office or
resource person for information, guidance, financial assistance, placement, etc.
- Enforces regulations in the school catalog,
student handbook, and student dress guidelines.
- Submits academic information such as course syllabi, final grade reports, grade
changes, and mid-term deficiency grades on time to the appropriate person (registrar, dean, chairperson, etc.) utilizing the institution’s
- Continues further professional development by keeping alert to changes within the field, attending
professional training, and maintaining an annual Professional Development Plan that meets institutional and accrediting council
- Attends scheduled faculty, department, and committee meetings and training sessions required by SUS.
full-time, participates in Plus Friday, orientation days, graduation activities and other events and promotional activities as assigned. The
Sullivan University System
- Uses college equipment and property appropriately and have students do the same. Reports broken or
damaged equipment to the administrative office immediately.
- Abides by all accrediting council, state, federal and institutional
policies and procedures, rules and laws.
- Supports students with unique ADA needs and works with Deans/Chairs as needed in
understanding necessary accommodations.
Requirements of the position include:
Instructor to teach
online classes in Bachelor Degree Program in Clinical Laboratory Science.
Course specialties include: Biochemistry, Genetics,
Molecular Diagnostics, Parasitology/Mycology, Laboratory Management/Finance.
Required qualifications: Medical Technologist with
Masters Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or Masters Degree in related field with 18 graduate credits in Clinical Laboratory Science.
Experience teaching online preferred.
CLS/MLS/MT certification required. ASCP or equivalent certification accepted.
The Sullivan University System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.