Faculty Job in Academic & University Adjunct Instructor – Business Leadership – CTU Online
Responsible for providing quality instruction to students through well prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment
of learning, clear documentation of student progress, and support of the academic success for at-risk students.
- Teach assigned
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in
teaching that course
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written
topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus
- Provide Interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate
learning outcomes in a real-life setting
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their
participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning
assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis
- Respond to student questions on a timely basis
- Identify and refer
at-risk students to specific academic support services
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the
- Act as a substitute as needed
- Attend graduation ceremonies each year
- Where applicable, ensure safety
and sanitation of all labs, equipment and supplies
- Post and maintain office and classroom schedules
- Participate in and
provide feedback to institutional committees and reporting.
- Work with program chair and other appropriate groups on retention
- Provide mentoring to new faculty
- Assist director of education in program evaluation and planning
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services and discipline specific professional development activities.
- Responsible to maintain
credentials as required by accrediting councils/agencies and regulatory bodies
- Proficiency in Word and Outlook
- Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written
communication skills, as demonstrated by: data sheet, diplomas, degrees, transcripts, certifications, CVs/Resumes, and personal
- Possesses a minimum of five years of occupational (i.e., practical)
experience in the subject field in which they teach
- Candidate must have obtained at least a conferred Doctoral Degree in business
or a closely related field from an institution regionally accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or
international equivalent), additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations may apply
will also be required to complete a satisfactory background check
- Candidate will be required to submit a resume and/or curriculum
vitae, teaching philosophy and copies of unofficial transcripts (all degree levels) with their application
Career Education is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and considers all persons without regard to age, color, disability, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Career Education is committed to fostering a culture that is challenging, engaging, rich in benefits, and inclusively diverse. At Career Education, we draw upon the strength of the diversity within our workforce, to meet and exceed the expectations of the diverse customers that we serve. Our company values and actively promotes diverse and inclusive participation by its leaders, members, and affiliates.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.