Faculty Job in Academic & University 100003350 Collegiate Faculty, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance – The Graduate School
Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Department
The Graduate School
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a collegiate faculty member in the Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
department of the Graduate School. UMUC is one of 11 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM). Working
adults, military personnel, and other students around the globe are achieving their academic goals through UMUC’s innovative educational
options, including online instruction, accelerated academic programs, and classroom-based courses taught during the daytime, evenings, and
weekends. Currently, more than 42,000 students attend UMUC nationally, and an additional 33,852 students attend UMUC at on site classes in
more than 25 countries throughout the world; about 56,000 students are active duty military, veterans, and their families. In 2013, UMUC had
over 261,000 online course enrollments.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The collegiate faculty
member is responsible for teaching 30 credits annually in the Cybersecurity Program.
Releases from teaching may be
granted for up to 18 credit hours per year for the incumbent to carry out the following:
- develop and coordinate hands-on
- develop new content for courses, create other artifacts (e.g., videos, interactive presentations),
- curricula and program development and course revision, active professional involvement to advance the state of the art and practice, and
other special services, as assigned by the Program Chair, Vice Dean or Dean including, but not limited to, some or all of the following:
service on various University or departmental councils, committees, and advisory boards; faculty development and mentoring; and
participation in University events such as commencement activities.
The faculty member will also participate in other academic
aspects of the University and contribute to the unit’s activities focused on the education of adult students and continuous improvement of
curriculum and teaching.
Collegiate faculty may have their duties adjusted to serve the needs of the University.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualifications required include an earned master’s degree in cybersecurity,
information assurance, computer science, computer/electrical engineering or related fields from a regionally accredited institution of
higher learning. Terminal degree such as a Doctorate degree is highly desirable.
- Hands-on knowledge in disciplines related to
Cybersecurity Technology, specifically network security, information assurance, cybersecurity tools and techniques, and cybersecurity
prevention, detection and mitigation strategies is required.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in cybersecurity technology lab
development and writing instructions is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and strong ability to synthesize,
cite, and critically analyze scholarly works in the field, including writing white papers and classroom content, is required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills and a strong commitment to UMUC mission and values is required.
- Prior experience in adjunct or full time college-level teaching, and/or annual equivalent, of class sections taught in which faculty
member was responsible for preparing and delivering course content, stimulating student interest, providing helpful feedback on assignments
and projects, and grading (preferably at the graduate level and with adult, part-time students established in careers) is preferred.
- An active conference presentation, writing, and professional thought leadership is preferred.
- Prior experience in distance
education is preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH
University of Maryland University College actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, religion, color, creed, gender, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, mental or physical disability, veterans status or sexual orientation.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.