Open executive Job in Academic & University VP Strategic Planning, Advisor – HigherEdJobs
VP Strategic Planning, Advisor
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a VP Strategic Planning, Advisor.
Applications will be accepted until 11/20/2017.
The Advisor for the Vice President (VP) for Strategic Planning and Institutional Research is a critical member of the Office of Strategic
Planning and Institutional Research (OSPIR). Through its work, OSPIR advances the
University’s strategic priorities and supports academic and administrative leaders across campus in the attainment of their goals. The
office prides itself on creating a collaborative, team-based approach to its work while developing trusted relationships with its many
The Advisor has primary responsibility for advising and supporting the Vice President on all aspects of the office’s administrative
This position requires a high level of independent judgment, initiative and discretion; project management and analytical skills; the
ability to communicate clearly on behalf of the Vice President in writing and in the creation of presentations; and the ability to handle
sensitive information with a high level of confidentiality. The Advisor will routinely serve as a representative of the Vice President on a
variety of matters, supporting key initiatives of the office, developing communication with internal and external constituents, and building
and maintaining strategic University relationships.
Support ongoing OSPIR initiatives
- Coordinate and contribute to a broad array of strategic planning
- Coordinate all logistics associated with the office’s programs (e.g., Administrative Unit Reviews)
- Draft data
- Facilitate Administrative Unit Reviews
- Partner with campus units to collect data
- Maintain rankings
OSPIR administrative support – Management of day-to-day operations for the Office of Strategic
Planning and Institutional Research
- Communicate with internal and external constituents on behalf of the Vice President
- Maintain schedules for the Vice President, Director of Institutional Research, and the Strategic Planning Program Directors
- Provide hospitality for office and University guests
- Coordinate all purchases for the Office
- Oversee and manage
budgetary matters within the Office
- Administer and maintain the office’s web sites
- Plan special events on behalf of the
Special projects – Provide support for special projects as assigned by the Vice President, for example:
- Develop presentations in consultation with, and for delivery by, the Vice President
- Support key University committees
Bachelors degree with 3 to 4 years of previous experience with:
- Working in a fast-paced professional environment with responsibility for managing and contributing to teams responsible for major
projects or initiatives;
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the academic and administrative structures and functions of a
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously handle and successfully manage multiple tasks and initiatives.
to anticipate needs of office and act independently to address them.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to
research issues and problems, identify possible remedies, and facilitate the implementation of preferred solutions.
interpersonal and written communication and technical skills required to interact with various internal and external constituencies.
- Trustworthiness and integrity in managing important relationships and highly confidential information.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation
of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of
Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher
Education’s annual “Great Colleges to Work For” survey…and we are proud of it!
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is
an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female
and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or
disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified
individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # S17946. For additional information about working at the University of
Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The
University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating
spouses and significant others with their job search.
The University of Notre Dame, an international Catholic research university, is an equal opportunity employer.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.