Open executive Job in Academic & University Vice President of Business and Finance
University Center, MI
- Executive – Administrative Vice Presidents
- Admin – Business and Financial Services
Open Until Filled
Full-time, Pay grade 12 (Starting Salary $119,362 – $136,076: Commensurate with Qualifications and
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
Primary responsibilities are to oversee all Business, Finance, Human Resources and Facilities
Operations. The Vice President of Business and Finance also serves as primary contact for litigation and risk management, shares leadership
in planning and the implementation of all policies and procedures, and demonstrates commitment to inclusive diversity, integrity, and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Develops budgets for all funds and activities, monitors actual revenues and expenditures against established budgets and takes
action as necessary to respond to or communicate variances.
- In conjunction with the Controller, establishes and enforces sound
business & financial systems policies, procedures and internal controls. Ensures accurate and timely financial transactions and
financial reporting systems. Communicates financial information to internal users, external users and the Board of Trustees.
- Participates in the development of college wide strategic initiatives, policies, and procedures and often leads or encourages change in
the institution to ensure attainment of mission.
- Oversees and ensures the safety and security of all college assets including
capital and fixed assets, cash and investments for operating, designated and restricted plant and endowment funds through establishing and
implementing appropriate procedures and systems.
- Administers sound risk management and insurance programs, ensures appropriate
levels of insurance, and monitors claims and third party administrator decisions.
- In conjunction with the Director of Facilities
Management, provides leadership and oversight for facility renovations and construction, facility maintenance and operations including
development and planning for long range needs and life-cycle replacement of facilities and equipment.
- In conjunction with the
Director of Human Resources, supports effective employee recruitment, talent selection, development, and employee relations. Establishes,
implements and manages fair, equitable, cost effective and financially sound compensation and benefit systems, including collective
bargaining agreements. Participates in labor negotiations and the selection and terms of insurance benefit levels and providers.
conjunction with the Director of Business Services, ensures that appropriate service levels are provided in a cost effective manner to
students, staff and the public through the college’s auxiliary activities; bookstore, food and conference services, fitness center,
printing, purchasing and contract administration.
- Leads and oversees the Investment Committee and Endowment Fund, and assists the
College Foundation in financial and other matters as appropriate.
- Serves as Treasurer to the Board of Trustees.
- Master’s degree or equivalent knowledge and skills. Major(s) required: Accounting
- 7 to 10 years of progressive position related supervision and leadership experience.
- Must possess a CPA.
Additional Experiences Considered
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- Experience working in a community college
- Experience developing and managing an annual budget in the amount of at least $20 million.
- Experience working
with facilities, risk management, and insurance programs.
- Demonstrate extensive experience in managing and leading various business
operations including facilities, finance, and business services.
NON-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT: Delta College embraces equal opportunity as a core value: we actively promote, advocate, respect and value differences, and we foster a welcoming environment of openness and appreciation for all. Delta prohibits discrimination in employment, education, public accommodation, or public service on the basis of age, arrest record, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status and weight. Direct inquiries to the Equity/Compliance Officer, Delta College, Office A093, 1961 Delta Road, University Center, MI 48710, telephone (989) 686-9547 or email email@example.com.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.