Open executive Job in Academic & University Vice President for Advancement – HigherEdJobs
POSITION TITLE: Vice President for Advancement
REPORTS TO: President of the College
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as the Chief Development Officer with executive leadership responsibility for the management of
all advancement staff and programs, including the annual fund, the Reagan Forward Initiative (including the Ronald W. Reagan Society), major
gift development, corporate and foundation support, planned giving, grants, and alumni relations.
- Represent, serve, and provide visionary leadership to the development sector of the College.
- Develop and lead revenue-producing development programs that accord with the mission and strategic goals of the College by implementing
short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Consult frequently with the President on matters of
importance to the College.
- Develop advancement opportunities for important College projects through grants and work with others
member of the Senior Staff.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with the external public, especially with alumni, donors,
business, government, and community leaders through active and extensive participation in community activities.
- Develop and
maintain productive relationships with internal public. Work closely with other College constituents on effective marketing activities for
promoting planned giving, capital needs, endowments, and other long-range funding activities.
- Develop and manage the
department’s annual budget.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness; and effect change for improvement within
revenue-producing development programs.
- Promote the College as an institution of higher learning, with particular consideration of
its mission and vision.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in on-going
professional development through national higher education organizations.
Supervise the Office of Advancement personnel. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training workers; planning, assigning
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or
Desirable: Master’s degree in Institutional Advancement or a related field
Essential: Experience and substantial success as a development professional;
Leadership/administrative experience in the small college environment.
Desirable: Experience as a chief development
officer in the small, private college environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and electronic mail.
- Broad-based knowledge and understanding of higher education.
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in fundraising.
- Ability to consider the larger picture in addition to being detail oriented.
- Ability to lead strategic planning and
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with a
variety of constituencies and a diverse population.
- Skilled in negotiation practices.
- Multi-tasking with ability to
prioritize and respond quickly to a variety of tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of the small private college landscape and potential
- Ability to be an effective change leader.
- Ability to travel via multiple modes of transportation
Physical Environment: The noise level is typically quiet to moderate. The
office is located on the second floor of a building with no elevator. Requires travel to off campus facilities.
Demands: Requires climbing of stairs.
Sensory Attention: Detail oriented, focused, long attention span.
Mental Demands: May experience stress from interactions with students, faculty, staff, donors and alumni in
Normal workday is Monday through Friday 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m., with
one hour allocated for lunch. Flexibility is needed to allow for necessary presence on campus and involvement with campus constituencies,
including out-of-state travel during weekend and evening hours.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.