Open executive Job in Academic & University Sr Director – HigherEdJobs
Arizona State University
College of Health Solutions
Campus: Downtown Phoenix
Under administrative direction, provides leadership support through planning, leading and directing the community partnership efforts needed to foster collaboration on clinical and translational science between CHS and community and clinical organizations, eg hospitals, etc. This will include strategic planning, coordinating complex projects and implementation, overseeing operations/administration and the overall delivery of services; serves as second in command to the Director of Clinical and Translational Science.
$77,990 – $90,000 per year; DOE
- Directs the overall development, administration and evaluation of the Clinical and Translational Science efforts within the department/college establishing policies and procedures to ensure consistency of operations and/or implementation. Identifies best practices throughout specific units and/or for projects within the department/college and communicates/implements these practices.
- Assists the head of the Clinical and Translational Science in creating strategies and business services plans; provides overall management, technical and financial direction for specific units and/or projects in conjunction with department/college initiatives and goals.
- Oversees and initiates appropriate personnel management activities such as hiring, training and evaluation of staff specific to units and/or projects within the department/college.
- Works closely and in conjunction with department/college leaders to lead the creation, communication and dissemination of business goals and vision throughout the school/college and university.
- Works closely with the Clinical and Translational Science and others within CHS (eg Asst Dean of Research) to develop short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans to ensure forecasted needs are appropriately anticipated.
- Directs activities of assigned group(s) to ensure optimum performance of the group/function; works closely and in conjunction with administration, faculty, and staff.
- Assists the head of the department/college in developing and recommending budgets and authorize expenditures.
- Resolves problems and issues affecting the department/college and assists in directing measures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department/college.
- Represents the department/college and serves on various department/college and university committees.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field AND ten (10) years of related experience which includes five (5) years of management/supervisory experience; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a PhD in a related field;
- Experience with ASU operations and infrastructure
- Experience working with community organizations related to health
- Use basic math
- Handle petty cash
- Deliver presentations
- Supervise staff
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Ability to clearly communicate
- Use office equipment, i.e. printers, copiers, fax machines, telephones, calculator
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, may include/subject to resolution of conflicts
- Use of software/computer equipment for extended periods of time
- Use critical thinking to make decisions and/or analyze and report data/results of tests conducted
- Use an ASU or personal vehicle to travel to different campuses
The College of Health Solutions (CHS) is dedicated to translating scientific advances into practical interventions to improve health outcomes through education, research and service. We equip students with the knowledge and skills to influence healthier lifestyle choices; develop creative interventions to improve the health of people and populations; analyze and translate large amounts of health data into solutions; and maximize the technology, science, business and application of diagnostics. CHS research programs encompass basic/discovery science, clinical trials, intervention science and measurement of health outcomes. CHS takes an interdisciplinary approach to address the complex systems that underpin health problems. The college is highly collaborative, transparent and team-oriented with an innovative organizational structure that includes translational teams, affinity networks, and academic programs to improve the health of people and communities. The current training programs include behavioral health, biomedical diagnostics, biomedical informatics, executive and continuing education, exercise science, health promotion, health sciences, kinesiology, medical studies, nutrition, population health, the science of health care delivery, and speech and hearing science. Our programs are offered at ASU’s Downtown Phoenix, Polytechnic, Tempe, West and Lake Havasu campuses, as well as on Mayo Clinic’s Scottsdale campus.For more information about ASU and the College of Health Solutions, visit http://about.asu.edu/ and https://chs.asu.edu
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 64202BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobid=4134442#jobDetails=4134442_5494
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.