Open executive Job in Academic & University FT Administrative Faculty: Division Head of Social Sciences
Do you love working in an academic environment? Do you love teaching and mentoring students, helping to shape the future? If so, we have the
job for you! Shaw University is looking for Full Time Administrative Faculty – Division Head, Social Sciences. Reporting to the VP, Academic
Affairs, Academic Division Heads serve as the administrator for their assigned academic division. The Division head position is responsible
for visionary leadership, management and administration of the academic programs, growth in size and stature of the individual programs in
the academic division, and management of the Division office within the University. The Division Head will guide curricular revision and
programmatic assessment, foster and encourage strong scholarship. The Division Head is accountable for ensuring internal/external client
satisfaction through effective personal management of subordinate personnel, interpersonal relationships, projects, materials, budgetary
costs, fundraising, corporate and stakeholder relationships, and continuous quality improvement. The nature and diversity of the job require
special abilities, dedication and commitment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as an advocate for the division.
- Serve to advise the VP on matters of
academic policy, personnel and budget.
- Foster communication between the administration of the college and the faculty.
- Provide visionary leadership in guiding the strategic direction of the assigned academic division in support of the Institutional
strategic and fundraising plans.
- Relate to people in a manner as to win confidence, support, and understanding in the purposes,
programs, and fundraising goals of the University.
- Engage corporate and external stakeholders in academic program evaluation to
enhance student preparedness for job placement.
- Serve on the committee for faculty searches within the division.
coordinate and support cross department activities within a division such as research efforts, funding possibilities, joint symposia,
divisional speaker series, and other divisional activities.
- Bring faculty within a division together to discuss and explore common
efforts to improve pedagogy, improve facilities, expand opportunities, and other divisional needs.
- Implement and maintain high
quality academic programs.
- Increase student enrollment.
- Develop and implement timely and effective supporting actions and
- Effectively apply knowledge and understanding of the assigned academic division programs and activities, as they relate
to the development of effective strategic objectives, to create and manage appropriate outcomes-based assessment.
- Performs timely
coaching, counseling and evaluation of job performance.
Works effectively with divisional faculty in the development of their
- Development Plan (PDP) to set teaching, research and service goals for the upcoming academic year, and to address
areas needing improvement from prior evaluation form.
- Obtains Academic Affairs Vice President’s pre-approval of full-time and
part-time faculty performance appraisals and corrective feedback prior to delivery to the employee.
- Other duties as assigned by
Education and Experience Requirements
- PhD from an accredited institution of higher learning.
years of progressive experience including a combination of college-level teaching and administrative experience required with credentials in
Sociology, Psychology, or Political Science; credentials in Criminal Justice preferred
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Should relate well with others and promotes a positive demeanor.
- Must possess the minimum credential standards of the Southern
Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), which normally include at least 18 graduate semester credit hours in the subject area or
suitable approved justifications
Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the organization. Vision, commitment, and experience
in achieving goals and pursuing excellence is critical. Strong oral and written presentation skills. Ability to work well independently and
as a member of a team. Excellence in organization, decision-making, problem-solving, and creating a collaborative environment. Ability to
manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.