Open executive Job in Academic & University Director, Career and Professional Development and Graduate Diversity and Inclusion
Position Summary :
This is a higher education administrative position equivalent to a junior faculty level with
major responsibilities for program development and coordination, including implementation and supervision of the following:
Career and Professional Development Program at Einstein, which provides career advising and professional skills development activities and
resources for the graduate student and postdoctoral community at Einstein
- A new Diversity and Inclusion Initiative for graduate
students and postdoctoral trainees
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the
Career and Professional Development Program for Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
- Serve as the primary contact for
Einstein graduate students, postdocs, faculty and administrators on matters related to PhD career and professional development
- Serve as the primary contact for Einstein graduate students, postdocs, faculty and administrators on matters related to diversity
enhancement and inclusion
- Represent Einstein at national meetings and other professional organizations
- Establish and
maintain key partnerships within the institution as well as with other institutions and national professional groups
- Manage all
communications regarding PhD career and professional development as well as the diversity initiative
- Develop budgets for the PhD
career and professional development program and for the diversity initiative; provide input for expenditures and forecasting
Career and Professional Development for Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
- Develop and implement, together with the
Associate Dean for Graduate Programs, a strategic plan for career advising and professional skills development activities and resources for
graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Assess interests and career and skills requirements of PhD students and postdoctoral
fellows to achieve short and long term career goals by regular annual surveys of the graduate students and postdocs at Einstein.
- Meet regularly with the Director of the Belfer Institute to assess specific postdoctoral needs.
- Generate critical reports and
action plans on a timely basis following survey analyses.
- Implement workshops and informational sessions to help graduate students
and postdocs work on their Individual Development Plans and to help them develop a realistic timeline for their next steps.
- Organize regularly scheduled career development seminars and networking events during the academic year.
- Identify experts to
give self-assessment workshops, IDP (individual development plan) workshops, grantsmanship and writing workshops, CV and resume clinics,
interview skills training sessions, cover letter workshops, and negotiation strategy seminars, among others.
- Prepare newsletters,
announcements, flyers etc. to publicize events to the Einstein community; solicit participation of students and faculty as necessary and
communicate with current students and faculty regarding attendance
- Establish methods to track attendance and collect feedback
regarding the events. Use data and analytic assessments to determine the effectiveness of events. Analyze results of evaluations to refine
the program for the subsequent semester/academic year.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with alumni and colleagues to
facilitate further activities.
- Chair the Einstein Graduate Student and Postdoc CPD Committee; organize regular meetings, prepare
agenda, establish subcommittees, follow up on projects; regularly report on Committee activities and projects to the Associate Dean and
Director of the Belfer Institute
- Meet regularly with the EPA (Einstein Postdoctoral Association) and with the GSC (Graduate Student
Council) and report on these meetings to the CPD Committee and the Associate Dean and Belfer Institute Director
- Liase with other
NYC graduate student and postdoctoral groups, e.g. NY Science Alliance (N Y Academy of Sciences), National Postdoctoral Association (NPA),
- Develop and update a variety of integrated resources including Career Development website, Linked-In group,
libguide (with the reference librarians) pages. Utilize Content Management System to edit website text and photos as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with other institutions on cross-institutional activities such as “What Can You Be With a PhD?”)
an annual budget for all career and professional development activities
- Work with administrative personnel on the
scheduling and planning of all activities, as well as all record-keeping (attendance, expenses, correspondence, etc.) associated with the
events and activities
Focus on Diversity and Inclusion for Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Trainees
- Work with
the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs, the Director of the Belfer Institute, and the Associate Dean for Diversity Enhancement on efforts
to increase the diversity of Einstein
- Develop programming and activities to develop programs and activities to foster an inclusive
climate specifically for graduate and postdoctoral trainees and build a diverse research community
- Work with current students and
postdocs, as well as the Deans and Directors, to assess needs and enhance the experience of underrepresented students and postdocs
- Actively develop and seek funding for new initiatives to recruit and retain a diverse population of trainees
and presentation at national conferences; participation in professional organizations
- Maintain membership and participate in
professional organizations such as NY Academy of Sciences, National Postdoctoral Association, etc./Attend annual meetings
presentations (abstracts, posters, etc.) regarding Einstein Career and Professional Development and Einstein Graduate Student and Postdoc
Diversity Initiative activities and innovations for presentation at local and national meetings
The Albert Einstein College of
Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or
genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to
our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.