Open executive Job in Academic & University Dean, Student Services – HigherEdJobs
To plan, manage, direct, supervise, evaluate, and implement all policies, rules, procedures, and
personnel concerned with the Student Services.
1. Develop goals and
objectives for the division; develop and implement activities to achieve these goals and objectives.
2. Develop budget; monitor
expenditures; review budget reports; and recommend budget changes.
3. Screen, interview, and recommend for employment full-time and
part-time staff members in the operational unit.
4. Assess space and equipment needs for the operation of the office; recommend
5. Develop appropriate rules and procedures for the operation, maintenance, and management of the office; supply
necessary reports of division’s activities.
6. Supervise all employees of the department.
7. Serve on college committees.
8. Evaluate personnel and services offered by the department.
9. Encourage personal and professional development of those
10. Represent the College in a positive manner to the public and in relevant organizations and associations.
Assist in short- and long-range planning.
12. Monitor student lounge.
13. Function as liaison between Student Services and other
14. Administer disciplinary actions according to college policy.
15. Make presentations to high school groups;
conduct tours of the campus for the purpose of recruiting.
16. Supervise and coordinate registration process.
plans for graduation exercises.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
Education & experience
1. Master’s degree in guidance and counseling, student personnel, or education
2. Five years in
student advising, counseling, or closely related field
Knowledge, specialized skills and abilities
Ability to make sound decisions based on data, policies, and human relations
2. Ability to supervise and manage programs for students
3. Ability to manage, evaluate, and supervise personnel
4. Ability to understand and cope with various behavioral patterns
5. Ability to relate to people from differing economic, social, and educational backgrounds
6. Ability to understand and interpret
test materials and scores
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against students, faculty, or staff on the basis of race, color, gender, creed, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or national or ethnic origin in admission to, or access to, or employment in its programs and activities.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.