Open executive Job in Academic & University Dean, STEM – HigherEdJobs
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community,
including peoples of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College’s mission is to facilitate student success in
achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments,
and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the
college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly
encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Dean of Science,
Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) is responsible for faculty/staff management; curriculum development; academic planning;
student learning and program outcome assessment; program review and evaluation; strategic planning; management of the academic course
schedule; and restricted/unrestricted budget management for all academic departments assigned to the division.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and implementation of programs which are consistent with the
mission of the college and that meet the evolving needs of the community and its students.
- Ensure implementation of all provisions
of collective bargaining agreements for all faculty and staff in the division.
- Provide leadership to faculty and guide tenure and
- Manage restricted and unrestricted budgets in compliance with Board Policies, state and federal law.
- Lead the process of program accreditation and preparation of self study reports and site visits. Ensure programs and curricula align
with requirements of state and federal regulating agencies and external accrediting organizations.
- Maintain an ongoing divisional
educational plan with annual goals and objectives to meet instructional needs.
- Represent divisional concerns and needs to the Vice
President for Academic and Student Affairs.
- Participate in community activities, including advisory boards, to ensure relevance of
- Develop articulation agreements to reduce barriers to student success and degree completion.
- Engage in
professional develop to maintain and develop areas of professional expertise.
- Demonstrate support for the college staff diversity
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in appropriate discipline.
- Teaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Three years of professional work experience in higher education administration.
- Excellent communications skills written and
- Ability to work cooperatively in a multicultural setting.
- Competent in the use of MicroSoft office suite.
- Current Massachusetts Driver’s License
- Earned doctorate.
- Teaching experience in a community college setting.
- Expertise in conflict resolution.
- Normal office physical demands.
- Ability to travel between campus locations and community events.
- Ability to travel in state and nationally.
- Higher education
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age
and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the
diversity of its staff.
To be considered for this position, applicants should
submit a resume and a cover letter.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a
publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability,
religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by
Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment
including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred
to the College’s Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States
Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at
Roxbury Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/504 employer.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.