Open executive Job in Academic & University Dean of the School of Social Work
Executive – Deans – Liberal Arts
Open Until Filled
The Dean of the School of Social Work supports learning by providing both strategic direction and day-to-day leadership to the School of
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current
students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other
customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission
Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential
information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties
and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Is committed to the mission of the
School of Social Work, which supports the university mission and is congruent with the missions of the other academic units of the
university. Provides visionary leadership, direction and follow through, leads in collaboration, coordinates all faculty/student activities
that lead toward fulfillment of mission and attainment of successful outcomes of goals and objectives.
- Strategically plans the
direction of the School of Social Work, in collaboration with the university administration and the leaders of other academic units of the
university. Communicates, interprets and supports university goals, policies, concerns and mission to faculty, staff, students, etc.
- Works in collaboration with Admission to ensure enrollment and revenue goals are met.
- Manages the overall operations of the
School of Social Work, including budgeting, resources allocation, strategic planning, scheduling, and program committee assignments.
- Develops, maintains, and supports an environment that promotes academic excellence.
- Develops and promotes excellent student
services and resolves student concerns in a timely fashion.
- Leads outcomes assessment activities of the School of Social Work and
applies assessment results to planning, resource allocation, curriculum development, and other aspects of management of the school.
- Develops, manages and evaluates personnel.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with standards of the Commission on Accreditation,
Council on Social Work Education.
- Works with library and information services staff to develop and maintain services that support
the academic mission of the School of Social Work.
- Develops linkages with professional and community constituencies; provides
leadership in academic contributions to the development of the profession and professional constituencies.
- Collaborates with
Advancement to develop resources to support the program through grants, fundraising, activities and donor cultivation.
manages and maintains linkages with alumni in collaboration with the Alumni Affairs.
- Creates, implements and monitors programs
policies and procedures, assesses legal risks, and closely communicates with university administration about risk assessment and
Essential Job Requirements:
MSW from a CSWE accredited institution.
PhD or DSW in social work or related discipline.
Previous experience working in an academic setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty,
staff, students and other customers of the university.
- Customer-service focused.
- Strategic thinking and orientation with
the ability to solve problems.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both
orally and in writing, in a manner that will reflect positively on the university.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and
priorities simultaneously, as well as the ability to deal with changing needs.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including
organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Skill in budget preparations and fiscal management.
Able to work a flexible schedule as needed with some weekends and evenings required.
The ability to move about campus and between locations.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan
through TIAA, and tuition remission included.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Avenue
Aurora, IL 60506
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicagoland Area. Hence, we especially encourage persons of color to apply.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.