Open executive Job in Academic & University Dean of the School of Business, Engineering and Technology
QCC was established in 1963 to provide access to higher education to
residents of Central Massachusetts. Since the early 60s, enrollment has grown from 300 to over 13,000 full and part-time day and evening
students served. QCC offers over 70 associate degree and certificate career options in Business, Health Care, Technology, Liberal Arts, and
Human Services. Additionally, over 137 credit and 300 noncredit courses are offered online, as well as a wide variety of classroom
non-credit courses, workshops, and seminars. Classes are provided on the main campus, in downtown Worcester (Healthcare, Workforce
Development, Continuing Education), at the Worcester Senior Center (Hospitality & Recreation Management), at Burncoat High School
(Automotive Technology), and in the city of Southbridge.
STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Dean of the School of Business, Engineering and Technology is responsible for the overall
leadership and management of programs and disciplines within the School.
to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
All professional and classified
staff assigned to the School.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as educational leader and
administrative officer to promote/support teaching/learning as well as to create/support a student-centered environment.
an educational environment that is respectful and supportive of full time and adjunct faculty, staff and students while setting high
- Provide leadership, direction, and feedback to faculty as necessary to achieve high quality programs and learning
- Develop and maintain contact with appropriate professional, research, and community organizations to develop an academic
culture that is entrepreneurial, responsive and innovative.
- Hire, orient, and evaluate full and part-time faculty and staff in the
- Coordinate with other academic deans in the development of semester/session course schedule for students.
- Administer collective bargaining agreements in a fair and consistent manner.
- Develop and administer the divisional budgets in a
fair and responsive way.
- Guide, direct and support faculty through the assessment of learning outcomes e.g. Academic Program Review
- Guide faculty to integrate appropriate technology into the curriculum to ensure state-of-the-art programs, including
- Prepare academic information for a variety of publications and public relations.
- Participate in
development of grants and other sources of funding to support outreach and enhanced programming.
- Implement/support/promote College
policies and practices in regard to equal opportunity and affirmative action.
- Actively support the teaching and learning process;
practice honesty and integrity in and out of the classroom; strive to create and support a student-centered environment while fostering
academic innovation and excellence.
- Work actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration,
collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respect the function of dissent in an academic institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of
- Embrace the ideals of diversity and inclusiveness and support the equal rights of all people by advancing the
understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic
heritage, or sexual orientation.
- Provide flexible, responsive and high quality service to all, be they students, community, or
staff, and continuously assess processes and procedures and revising accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree.
- Minimum of three
years full-time teaching experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated record of administrative leadership.
- Evidence of high degree of commitment to the mission of a community college.
- Experience with managing staff and faculty in a collective bargaining environment.
- Evidence of successful full time and adjunct
- Experience with program development, review, and accreditation.
- Experience with outcomes assessment
and curriculum revision.
- Evidence of advocating for and collaborating with faculty.
- Evidence of creative approaches to
academic program improvement and problem solving.
- Experience with integrating appropriate technology into the curriculum.
- Experience with using technology to support systematic management and evaluation of curriculum, course offerings, etc.
- Experience with distance education.
- Evidence of strong project management skills such as completing projects, tasks on time and
adhering to deadlines.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Record of team approach to problem solving and management.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Full time position offering a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience. Excellent
comprehensive benefit package.
Applicants should visit our website www.QCC.edu for information about our college and MUST APPLY ONLINE by October
8, 2017. Please note: if you are selected as a finalist, you will be required to provide three (3) professional letters of recommendation.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI/SORI) request. Bilingual persons are
encouraged to apply. Quinsigamond Community College is an equal opportunity affirmative action college supporting diversity.
Quinsigamond Community College is an equal opportunity affirmative action college supporting diversity.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.