Open executive Job in Academic & University Dean of the School of Business Administration
individual who can best lead, coach, and engage the School’s faculty and students in its academic and service
Students: Current enrolment is 1077 undergraduate students and 117 graduate
Faculty: Of a total of 37 faculty members, 12 are bi-national/international (24 full-time and 13
- Two Dean’s Assistants
- An Assistant Project Manager
- A Building Agent
Alumni: As of today, 2653 students have graduated from the School, with the majority successfully pursuing careers in
the private and public sectors as well positions in academic fields.
Research: Faculty members are actively engaged in a wide range of
projects related directly to their disciplines and some are working with faculty from other schools in Morocco and
Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane is an independent, public, not-for-profit,
coeducational university committed to educating future citizen-leaders of Morocco and the world through a globally oriented,
English-language, liberal-arts curriculum based on the American style. The University enhances Morocco and engages the world through
leading-edge educational and research programs, including continuing and executive education, upholds the highest academic and ethical
standards, and promotes equity and social responsibility.
University Core Philosophy
Deeply rooted in Moroccan
and North-African history and civilization, the University actively promotes the values of global understanding and cooperation, and
advances international higher education through its people, programs, partnerships, and civic engagement and with a continuous commitment to
School of Business Administration Vision, Mission and Values
- Vision: To become the leading
internationally accredited school in business and management education in Morocco and North Africa.
- Mission: To shape future
ethical, successful managers and leaders with a local and global perspective.
- Values: The principles that guide the school’s actions
- Leadership: Daring to energize and inspire people towards the achievement of strategic goals.
- Integrity: Consistently
applying policies and procedures and adhering to the highest ethical standards.
- Human development: Believing in an organizational
culture that is driven by students’ development.
- Diversity: Actively including and valuing different social and multicultural
- Passion for Excellence: A drive for quality and innovation.
Title: Dean of the School of Business Administration
of the School of Business Administration is the principal academic and administrative officer of the School. S/he is responsible for the
curricula, instructional and research activities and service projects of the School. In addition, s/he is responsible for planning and
budgeting, personnel actions, and policies and procedures to guide the work of the School in conformity with the University mission and
Required qualifications for the Dean position include an earned Ph.D., or equivalent
terminal degree, in Business Administration or a related discipline. Candidates must also demonstrate a level of teaching, research, and
creative activity in their discipline appropriate for an appointment as Full or Associate Professor as well as academic administrative
experience at a school or department level.
Desirable attributes include:
- Evidence of effective planning and
- Evidence of a collegial and transparent leadership;
- Excellent communications skills and ability to
communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty and business partners in English and Arabic and/or French;
- A commitment to
academic excellence in areas such as faculty scholarship, graduate and undergraduate research opportunities, creative activities and
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The major duties and responsibilities of the
Dean, as the principal academic officer of the School, are:
- Work with the Vice President for Academic Affairs to implement
the University strategic plan and continue to improve quality in the School;
- Provide leadership and vision to the School, work with
faculty and staff to create a supportive environment conducive to scholarship, intellectual vitality, and learning;
- Work with the
faculty of the School to devise, implement, maintain, and evaluate undergraduate and graduate curricula appropriate to the mission of the
School and vision of the University;
- Ensure high quality teaching in the School;
- Work with faculty to recruit and recommend
for appointment the faculty members required to fulfill the mission of the School;
- Maintain and develop academic, business, and
- Lead international school program accreditation or validation;
- Encourage and support the research
and creative activities of the School faculty;
- Work with the research entities of the University to ensure the integration of
research activities and graduate education;
- Represent the faculty in their relationships with the University administration and
other schools and centers;
- Work with the faculty and the Vice President for Academic Affairs to recommend policies and procedures
for admission of graduate students;
- Prepare and recommend the annual budget of the School;
- Allocate building and facility
space to the particular functions of the School;
- Prepare semester and annual reports of all the activities of the School.
The Dean of the School of Business Administration reports to the Vice President for Academic
Span of Control
Reporting to the Dean of the School are:
- Assistants to the Dean
- Assistant Project Manager
Screening will begin December 26th, 2017 and will continue until selection is made. Short-listed candidates will be
invited for interview with a Search Committee.
Once the selection is made, negotiations will be engaged with the successful candidate
regarding a suitable starting date.
Applicants should provide the following:
1. A curriculum vitae;
detailed letter presenting the candidate’s qualifications;
3. A general development project for the School;
4. Two letters of
Applications to be sent to:
Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane
P.O. Box 104, Ifrane 53000, Morocco
Tel: +212-535 862 024; Fax: +212-535 567
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.