Open executive Job in Academic & University Dean of Enrollment Services – HigherEdJobs
Admissions, Financial Aid, Recruiting, and Records and Registration. Supervises and directs activities in the Welcome Center. Responsible
for the development and management of departmental goals, personnel, policies, procedures, and budgets. Maintains viable working
relationships and communication within the division and with other college departments and personnel in order to carry out, with positive
results, the mission of the division and the college.
required; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of
experience in higher education, with a job history that demonstrates progressive responsibility.
- Experience with recruiting,
admissions, registration, and financial aid.
- Experience in budget, supervision, student services planning, and data
- Experience or training that demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational
skills and strong management skills.
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience that illustrates a history of
successful collaboration with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals.
- Experience that demonstrates student-centered
- Experience that substantiates a commitment to delivering first-rate customer service and exceptional support on a
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of higher education issues,
policies, and principles.
- Knowledge of current student issues and best practices in the profession.
- An in-depth
understanding of admissions, financial aid, and registration policies, processes, and procedures.
- Strong communicative and
leadership skills, as well as strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies and
procedures to students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop and accomplish goals through
collaboration and cooperation.
- Ability to develop and support a team of talented professionals.
- Ability to establish and
maintain positive working relationships with students, colleagues, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to work as a contributing member of
high-energy team in a fast-paced environment.
- Reports directly to the Vice President
of Student Services, maintaining a good working relationship and communications with the Vice President, supporting him/her in carrying out
the division’s responsibilities through the resources, activities, and initiatives of the department.
- Functions as a team member
with other deans and directors within the division in the delivery of quality services to students, staff, faculty, and others involved in
the educational process within the scope of the department’s resources, mission, and capabilities.
- Under the general direction of
the Vice President of Student Services and in cooperative leadership with the staff, develops tactical plans and departmental goals, and
supervises budgeting and operational procedures.
- Supervises and is involved in the day-to-day operation of the department.
Ultimately responsible for carrying out budgeting, staffing, planning, and record keeping as well as development and evaluation of services
of the department, all within the jurisdiction and in the scope expected by the Vice President of Student Services.
viable working relationships within the division and the department as well as with other personnel of the college, in order to carry out,
with positive results, the mission of the department, the division, and the College.
- Provides leadership and supervision for the
staff in Admissions, Financial Aid, Recruiting, and Records and Registration by assigning and delegating tasks, giving direction, resolving
work problems, communicating job expectations, training employees, evaluating performance, and developing professional growth
- Provides leadership to the development of necessary programs and services designed to ensure student access and
transition to college. Tracks and evaluates the progress of students from recruitment to enrollment.
- Tracks, compiles, interprets,
and reports statistical data as it relates to recruitment and enrollment.
- Explains, interprets, follows, and enforces college
policies as well as state and federal rules and regulations, especially as they relate to the various functions of Enrollment Services.
- Continually scans the environment for new systems, processes, and technologies that will better serve students and staff, and leads the
department in implementation of such systems, processes, and technologies.
- Coordinates annual revisions to the catalog, advising
guides, Degree Audit program, and Academic Program Web Pages.
- Coordinates the commencement exercises.
- Assists with other
tasks/projects as assigned by the Vice President of Student Services.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
BENEFITS: Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life
insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
HOURS: Monday -
Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged standing or sitting.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external
customers is required.
Iowa Western is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.