Open executive Job in Academic & University Dean, Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing
|Primary Location:||Daley College|
|Employee Type:||Full Time|
|Job Posting:||Aug 1, 2017, 1:14:23 PM|
DEAN, ENGINEERING AND ADVANCED MANUFACTURING
Daley College, the career hub
for Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing and , is looking for a talented, innovative engineering or manufacturing professional to be Dean
and lead the programs for credit and non-credit courses, short-term workshops and seminars and economic development. The Dean has overall
responsibility to ensure students are prepared to pursue their career goals with credentials of economic value.
As the Dean, you will
assist the college President in planning, organizing, and directing the operation, staffing, and budgeting needs for the programs and be an
integral part of the designing and building of the new Daley Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing Center that will soon be underway.
- Oversight of and accountable for meeting recruitment, retention, and graduation
targets of students in the Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing Careers cluster.
- Development of new courses, workshops and
certificate programs for the programs, based on enrollment data analysis, market trends and community assessment.
- Work with
administration, serve on committees to plan and execute the over-all philosophy and goals of the college.
- Manage the department and
its overall operations through direct management of key staff to ensure proper operation of programs.
- Develop and monitor annual
- Represent and promote partnerships for the Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing program with companies in the
Chicagoland manufacturing community.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing
Technology, Physics, Workforce or STEM related degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience Higher Education is
- Ability to build relationships with private sector, governmental agencies, and community and civic organizations.
- Proven experience in collaboratively leading a diverse work staff, with demonstrated tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy, while building
relationships with all organizational levels, students, staff & community.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Budget development experience.
Excellent benefits include health insurance, investment plans, retirement plan, generous
vacation, holidays, tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page on our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months.
We are an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
City Colleges of Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.