Open executive Job in Academic & University Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences [#C18-019]
Central Connecticut State University (CCSU) invites nominations and applications for the position of Dean of the Carol A. Ammon College of
Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS). CCSU invites candidates who are visionary leaders and have a comprehensive resume of success in
academic administration. The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional skills and experience that will enable him or her to provide
strong leadership in areas of program assessment and accreditation, learning analytics, interdisciplinary collaboration, and support for all
disciplines. The Dean is responsible for the direction of teaching, research, development, and relations with the external professional
community. He or she is the chief academic officer of the school, reporting directly to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
CCSU is currently conducting a search for its Provost and it is planned that the newly appointed Provost will be involved in the hiring of
the Dean. The Dean will have the opportunity to build on the dynamic momentum of the school, including enrollment growth, new faculty hires,
expanded infrastructure, leveraging state resources, and improved fundraising.
Required Qualifications: The successful candidate is expected to have a record of collaborative decision-making, a high standard of
professional integrity, a strong sense of professional ethics, and the ability to be a persuasive and vocal defender of the liberal arts and
social sciences. Required qualifications also include the following:
- Earned doctorate or terminal degree from an accredited
institution in any of the disciplines of liberal arts and social sciences offered in CCSU’s CLASS
- Five years of progressively
responsible academic experience at the department chair level or higher in an accredited college or university
- Distinguished record
of teaching, scholarship, and leadership
- Experience in the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff, and students
- Experience with transparent planning, budgeting, and fiscal management in a complex organization
- Successful experience in
fundraising, and the acquisition of grants and contracts
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships
with students, faculty, staff, other academic institutions, as well as business, non-profit, and governmental entities
to community engagement
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting and supporting excellence in faculty and faculty-student research,
particularly at the undergraduate level
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Experience working in a public institution of
- Evidence of encouraging, valuing and assessing high-quality teaching
- Demonstrated interest in developing
international, regional, local, and multicultural programs and/or partnerships
- Successful experience cultivating, soliciting, and
stewarding major gifts in collaboration with the university development office
- Proficiency in a language other than English
- Ability to be a forward-thinking, collaborative leader who incorporates technology to enhance the educational experience of
For full consideration, applications must be received by December 29, 2017. Salary is commensurate with education and
experience; salary range is $119,000 to $190,004.
For more information and application instructions go to: https://hrat.ccsu.edu/default.php.
CCSU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Members of all underrepresented groups, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are invited and encouraged to apply.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.